Saturday, October 18, 2003

sleepless in Coupeville...

I did it again. Woke up at 0'dark-thirty, and could not get back to sleep. I read for a while, got sleepy turned out the light and woke up again. This time I came in to the 'Puter, to see if anyone else was up like me. COuldn't find anybody, so I decided to try adding links. My Guest map is finally on the top of the column, so all of you can now find it and SIGN IN PLEASE...

I looked at my template, and I felt like the first person to try and read hieroglyphics. SAY WHAT? Ok, I am fairly intelligent, and can usually figure out something if I play with it long enough. I was afraid to play here, for fear I would screw up my blog, and not be able to fix it back. Finally after trial and error, I got one link to work, but I couldn't remember which trial and which error was the right one, because I forgot to re-publish. Just kept going back to my blog. OK Now know THAT doesn't work! I got the right formula, and the color was wrong. I will fix it today. And I will add all of you too. Just be patient with me.

I have been visiting with Fran at NORTHWEST NOTES and her topic today was politics. She said so nicely what I have been feeling, but afraid to voice. Politics and Religion are two topics you should never talk about with family or friends. It causes major rifts. Most of us are informed, but only to the extent that we really want to hear. We tend to turn off those people that we do not agree with. It is a real shame that there is not a true truth source that will publish just the facts, with no ideologies attached. Allow us to form our own opinions. There is not a news source out there that isn't slanted one way or the other. I get so tired of the vituperous spewing from both sides of the aisle. Why can't there be someone who can get us over the Clinton-DIrty-politics, and back on track with governing our country. I will vote for the first person who runs a clean, honest, no-mud slinging campaign, and that seems to have his or her ducks in a row. There are more informed people than me out there, and I am trusting them to make the right decisions for all of us. What is nice to know though that regardless of your politics, most of us agree that our system right now is broke, and needs to be repaired. On both sides.

There I said it.

On to Applesauce and Zucchini bread. See, I'm not all bad...

No comments: