Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Fall ? really????

It is October 1, 2003, and if I had been asleep for several months, I would swear it was Mid July. The only thing that shows FALL is the leaves on the trees. Although some July's have been so dry that the leaves are brown then. I drove Sadie to the Vet today, and went the back way along the spit. Admiralty Inlet was very calm, but out on the water, there was a very thin low lying layer of fog. The tops of the Olympics were showing over the haze, and there was no snow on them. THe sun is falling lower and lower in the atmosphere, and the mid day sunshine is showing gold. Summer time shows white sun, fall shows gold.

I woke up at 630 this morning, and it was pitch dark out. What happened to full sun at 500? there was foggy haze over the neighborhood, and when I took Sadie out, the grass was really wet and you could see your breath. Just a hair from the freezing mark. It won't be long now.

Along the spit, the sea grasses were red and gold and yellow. Just about ready to go to sleep. The tide was in and sloshing rythymically on the rocks. I could tell it wasn't July, because the Ferry line only had a few cars in it. July is over-flow time, backed up into the Fort Casey State Park. It is starting to become habitable again. The tourists are almost gone, the ones left are the old farts with their honking big motor homes. taking their time, enjoying our island.

I just had Sadie out to play in the back yard, and there is a rose that I never knew I had trying to make a comeback. I think I will let it. It almost looks like a miniature rose, but I did not plant any of those. It is a bright orange red almost looks like a Flame. I will dig it up and move it into a whiskey barrell so it will have a chance to come back. I had over thirty roses planted when I got my orders to move to Nevada, and my renters trashed my house and my yard. It has been almost three years, that I have been back, and I am just now finding my back yard. I am moving all of the roses, (at least the ones that survived) from the middle of the yard to either around the deck, or into the garden. That way I can mow grass, and not cut them down.

THe Vet had a fit over Sadie, He is the same one who put Mariah down, He was giggling over her, and we were trading potty stories, and laughing. What a difference in visits.

Sadie is in to her terrible twos, and I am finding little "presents" everywhere. I guess now we have to corral her a little more, and watch her a little closer now. She is going longer and longer in between pottie times, and is getting unpredictible. She is almost big enogh to leave out in the yard for a while. I will get her house refurbished and painted, and renamed. and make sure she knows that it is hers. She still is really good about not going in her penned in area. But the floors are starting to become fair game. I pulled up my carpets and put down Laminate flooring when I got back from Nevada, and they are wso much easier to clean up after, but I still dont want poop on my floor. It is pretty bad when one of the cats walks by it and tries to cover it up. Then I see them and think, OH GOD SHE THINKS I DID THIS!! I don't of course, because it looks different. But Darn they are funny.

I am going to try fixing my blog. DOnna wants me to re do the template. I am not sure what Is going to happen here, but either it will work or it wont. I really appreciate the morale support. I have website for Dummies right here, and I am reading it. humphhh...gotta run, Oprah's on!!!

No comments: