Monday, October 20, 2003

I spent another night wide awake. I went to bed to read about 10:00, fell asleep face down in my book. Woke up with Sadie yelling to go pee. So out in the rain and wind we went, in my nightgown and birkies, to have her decide that all she wants to do is chase the leaves. After about 15 minutes of getting soaked, I said enough and came back in and left her outside.

I came in here to see what I can do about fixing my blog, and after about 30 minutes I hear scritch scritch whine whine. She had discovered which window I was in and was doing her best to look pitiful. It worked. I brought her in and she of course was ready for bed. I was wide awake. So I worked on the computer until 300 and went to bed. WOke up at 500 and stayed up until 730, and went to watch the today show and fell back to sleep until 100. I have got to get my schedule back on track. I truly think it is the darkness that is getting me. It was pitch black at 730 this morning. Reading back in my blog, to when I first started it, I was so excited about being up at the crack of dawn, to watch it get light. At 500!! I can't wait until we get to the Solstice and the sun turns it path back North again. I feel like I have wasted a wole day. I have to voice over the commercial for the play today and I haven't even written it! Why do I alwysa wait until the last minute to do something?

It is raining like hell again. Seattle streets are flooding. The Skagit river has flood warnings on it again. It could really get messy this time. The rivers have not gone all the way down since the last flood, and the dikes could fail in places. A summer with NO rain, and a month with 15" really has put us in harms way. The reservoirs are finally back to normal though, so no water shortage for the winter. What we really need is a good cold snap, and lots of snow in the mountains. THat would keep the rivers from flooding, and build the snow pack up for next summer. Everybody blow really hard, and get that jet stream up into the Gulf of Alaska, and then back down the coast as COLD . Sounds really good to me.

Now when I get home I need to figure out how to change the colors on my comments line, and then all of the orange should be gone. By the time I get this all done, It will be time to change it Christmas colors. I can hardly wait...

No comments: