Thursday, October 09, 2003

Kick back and catch up!

I decided that today was going to be a kick back and catch up day. I can do that you know. I am retired! I deserve to be able to do that and not be charged sick leave. Or feel guilty for calling in. I even really got dressed! I even really drove into town and asked about the shirts for the play. Didn't get anywhere though.

Our Producer quit, and we cant find her, and she was supposed to have ordered our shirts for the play. These shirts are basically souveneirs and advance advertising for the show. We Buy them, and wear them all the time to get the word out. We have no idea where our money is, and the shirts have NOT been ordered! Me thinks I smell a RAT! It was only 160 dollars, but I think that if we do not get our money back by Monday, that we need to report it as a theft. (I am Really Nasty when crossed) I have values, and I just expect everyone I deal with to have the same values. I have been called a POLLYANNA because I do not see the bad in people first. ANd I am always amazed when We catch a bad employee stealing. (I guess I should put that in the past tense now that I am retired huh) It really burns me to be taken advantage of.

I got the Thanksgiving Issue of Bon Appetite today. I Love that issue! I save them every year. I usually wait until a really nasty day, build a fire, fix a pot of tea or coffee, turn on Classic KING FM and lay down in front of the woodstove and read it from cover to cover. There is something so comforting about that. It seeps clear into the marrow of my bones, and makes me feel so good. I dont know if it is the tea, the fire, the relaxing music, the floor, or the thought of all that wonderful food. I need to wait for Gourmet to come in next and then It is Martha Stewart Living. AHHHHHh I LOVE Fall and winter.

Coupeville has a contest every year. The HArvest Fest is the end of October, and all of the business and houses on Main Street, vie to see who can put up the mose original Scarecrow themed display. One year the local bar, had a scarecrow "hanging" out of the "broken" window. Like it was drunk, and had been tossed out. The High School had the scarecrows all dressed in the cheer leader outfits, The Volunteer fire Dept had an old truck and straw firepeople.
(How safe is THAT?) Today I drove by the old folks home and there is an old folk scarecrow and is being held up by a scare nurse. really cute. I wonder what I could put up? A scare woman in her muumuu with a scare puppy pulling on her hem? NAh

Our shows opening night is Halloween! hope we don't have any mischeif at the Playhouse that night! I can just see our resident Spook actually making an appearance and scaring our cast to death. (they are all old) icky!

OOPS Sadie is awake she's gotta go pottie...

No comments: