Thursday, October 23, 2003

Bright Morning

Did you know that the Pacific Northwest holds the honor of selling more sunglasses per capita than any where else in the world? Yep rainy, nasty foggy, cloudy Seattle. It is because the sun comes through the atmosphere at such an angle that it is blinding to your eyes. I myself have 2 pair of prescription glasses.

This morning was one such morning. I had to get up and take Donna to the repair shop to pick up her car. IT was cloudless. and it had just rained and was wet everywhere. THe sun hit the roads and was blinding. On the way home, I had to stop at Praire Center for some coffee, and came home down Ft. Caset Rd and the air was so clean and fresh and bright. THe fields had a lazy foggy haze that was not quite yet ready to give itself up to the heat of the sun. A Thick fog bank sat low on the Inlet, and the rest of the world was bright blue and gorgeous! I am going to have to get in the habit again of carrying my camera in the car again. I only have 2 35 MM's with all the lens. 1 Mamiya 634 large format camera. An advantix camera. and of course my Sony Mavica. All sitting at home. Several photo ops were passed up and I hated it.

This morning at 500 when I had to take Sadie out to pee, I noticed the stars! The sky was cloudless, and the stars were so close you could touch them. No moon, and no light to spoil it. I always feel so damned insignificant when I look up at the stars and realize that We are just a speck of dust in the Cosmic Wholeness. It is really hard to wrap your mind around that . ..

No comments: