Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Dog toys...

There are billions spent every year on toys for your pets. I will admit that I also am pulled in to the trap, and spend far more than my fixed income should allow me to. Until Sadie...She has a few toys, but her favorites are the trash in my bedroom, the trash in the computer room, the cats catnip mice, (ok, that I bought) and her Uncle Bandit. The two of them are really funny to watch. For 11 years Bandit has been an only child, and spoiled rotten by dear darling daughter. He is a big dog, but believes that his place is inside right by you at all times. Until Sadie...she jumps and bites, and plays, and brings him her puppy cookies, and runs and barks at him. All the while he is laying there growling deep down "leave me alone" growls, followed by an occasional sharp "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE DAMMIT" bark. I was getting into the shower today, and she was doing her thing and he was doing his, and I immediately thought of HEIDI and Grandfather. Young whippersnappers!!!

She got the hint and decided to move on to other toys. I had just sorted my laundry and it was in piles on the bedroom floor. WRONG MOVE! She pulled my sweat pants into the computer room, and then she grabbed the odd sock or two. Now, I just took my panties away from her. Why do dogs Love to chew the crotch of panties? (Never mind, Kat, don't answer that) I now have her sequestered in the computer room which seems to be her KILLING ZONE. All of the items she finds are brought in here. Lose a sock, check the Office, Lose a bra? check the office, Can't find a cat? Check behind the computer in the office. What energy!! wish I could bottle it!!

OH I forgot!! MEAT DIAPERS!!!! she LOVES to dig in the kitchen trash for those!! They also are in the middle of the office floor.

Well time to get off here and copy GODSPELL CD five times for the staff meeting tonite, GOtta get ready for Auditions, Nov 2+3.

OOPS also gotta clean up the kitchen and get all the pear peelings into the mulch pile. They are drawing fruit flies. Be back later.

No comments: