Tuesday, October 21, 2003

In someone's Blog this morning, I read where they saw both a heron and an eagle. At the same time. I have blogged before about driving past Hastie Lake, and seeing the eagles on the fence posts. Today I was driving by and noticed how much the bottom of the lake was showing, even with all of this rain. Right in the middle of the weeds growing in the mud was a Bald Eagle jsut standing on the bottom of the lake. To his right, about ankle deep in the little bit of water there was, was a Great Blue Heron. AN eagle and a heron at the same time. I guess that makes me really lucky today too. Now if I could only remember who it was.

THe temperature this evening is in the high 60's. Usually at this time of the year we are down into the low 40's. ( That's farenheit Kat and Leslie...) I kicked the covers off the bed because my feet were burning. I was also breaking into a sweat. I can not believe this weather. In 1991 the rain was so bad, that the earth was sliding into the Sound. Everywhere you looked, people had blue tarps hanging over their fragile bluff lines trying to keep them dry. It seemed to work some what, but I would expect that it could become quite expensive trying to keep all those tarps from blowing away. THe bluff lines are sometimes very high, and they would have tarps all the way to the bottom. If it starts sliding from the top, it will put your house right on the beach. KAPLOOEY!! The rivers all over are rising very fast, and they have evacuated people from the upper Skagit area. I guess they were expecting it to crest at 40 feet. I thought normal was 28, I must be wrong. They are going to let some water out of Ross Dam also, to releive the pressure on the dam. There are three very big dams on the upper Skagit, and if the highest one went, it would be horrendous. They are all pretty secure as we speak, but if this rain keeps up....

THe commercial went well, and we ran a light cue rehearsal, which really needs work. We will do that one tomorrow, and then it is on to Press Night, where all of the local and neighboring newspapers are invited to come watch the play in return for a nice review and free publicity. We usually get pretty good coverage out of it, but with all the other things happening around the area, who knows.

I actually am starting to get sleepy, so I think I will sign off, and try to get some sleep. I can't sleep in tomorrow, as I have to take Loki in to have his little ears looked at. He is scratching at them so hard they are bleeding. Poor love. He comes to his mommie for help and I grab the ear wash. He HATES it. He is such a big LOVER. Hope it isnt anything serious.

No comments: