Friday, October 24, 2003

Frosty Morn...

Well not really, but CLOSE! I din't wake up until 900!! What a SLUG! I actually slept really well last night. My knee wasn't hurting, and neither was my back. I woke up when Sadie started the HOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLing. the uh uh uh uh uh uh didnt wake me up. I musta been sleeping GOOD. I dont even remember getting up to pee!!! (NO, I didnt!!). Ethel was sleeping warmly and comfortingly in the middle of my back. I raised my head and looked out the window, and Lola was on the feeder stuffing her little face. She has not been here in a while. She stays well hidden when it is nasty out. I was glad to see her back again. Still have not seen her babies.

I stagger in to the bathroom and pick up Sadie, and head for the back yard. BRRRRR the barefeet aint gonna hack it today. So I shoved her out the door by herself and watched from the window. She looked over her shoulder at me with her tail tucked under as if to say."so it's too cold out here for you, and you expect me to squat my little twat over the cold wet grass?" I did not even feel bad about it either.

As i wandered into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee, I tripped over Sadie leavings. No not poop, but all the trash in the world. She finds junk everywhere and deposits it right where I will trip on it. The floor was cold, my toes were cold, the house was cold, the sun was shining really brightly. It hit me that the weather has finally turned. It is Autumn for sure now. I still can not bring myself to start a fire yet though. I try not to turn on the heat or build a fire until Nov 1. I only use wood heat, electricity is only used as a back up. I have a really tight house, and it holds the heat well. And the windows bring the heat from the sun into the room very nicely.

I like a cool house too. Nothing is better than putting on a warm fuzzy big sloppy sweater, soft cords, and a pair of slipper socks, and cozying up on the sofa with a book, or needlework. Sadie is in and playing under the desk. Better post quick!!!

No comments: