Monday, October 06, 2003

Pears

I got up at 7:00 took Sadie out to pee, made a pot of coffee and went right back to bed. Now woke up at 815, drank coffee took Sadie out to pee, picked up poop in Living room because I left her alone while I went back to sleep, and did my blog surfing.

At 10:00 I sat down to start on the Pears. I couldn't remember if I used the apple peeler or a knife to do the pears with, so tried both. It was a knife, the peeler automatically cuts them into rings. (knew there was a reason I didn't like it) I gathered up the jars, and lids and rings, put the canning board on a drawer, started the canner water boiling, made the syrup, and sat down to can. I have two cases of pears and three cases of apples to put up. I just finished with the first case of pears, took about 2 1/2 hours. This is peeling, and coring, and putting them into the jars to get ready for the canner. I have 12 Qts done and 3 in the canner. Taking a break for Lunch then on to case number two.

I love canned pears. I slice them in half and put them in the jar with two peppermint leaves, and fill with the med Simple syrup. Oh they are soooo good!! just a hint of mint, and they are wonderful. I thought about a tinge of green food coloring, but I decided I wanted them plain. Sometimes I use them as a salad. Pear halves with grated cheddar cheese and a spoon of Mayo or Blue cheese dressing on top. Really good. And easy.

Sadie was sleeping right under my chair, which was right beside the stove. I didnot want her to get splashed with boiling water or syrup so I put her out side for awhile. NOPE AINT GONNA WORK MOM!! I CAN YELL LOUDER THAN YOU CAN!! and boy di she ever!! scratch scritch howl, yell. OK SADIE! Spoiled little Brat. I hate people that spoil their kids and pets. MINE aren't!! (yeah, RIGHT!!!)

I have to set lights for OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS tonite at 5:00 so I may not get the pears finished today. Gotta save time for the NAP!

For centuries and Eons, the lot across the street has not perked. Can't build on it, because there is no way to put in a septic system. Well SOmebody bought it and they are gonna build a 2 story house on it. How can they do that? I thought "doesn't perk" means it NEVER WILL? I have a view of the Olym[ic Mountains over the top of that lot. There it goes. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait until the Planes start!!! They will LOVE that I am sure!!

On to case Number two...

No comments: