Saturday, October 11, 2003

RE-DO

I am going to Try this again. I blogged for an hour last night and lost the whole thing. Brenda told me about cutting and pasting, so We shall try that this time.
AS I WAS SAYING… I had just read Rachel’s entry about featuring people that you read everyday. Pick one that is note worthy and tell everybody about it.
Instead I am going to tell you how I got to blogging and where I came from to get here. When I retired My daughter told me to start a blog on what my life was like after retirement. I had only seen a few blogs and had no idea there were so many out there. Chemystery’s blog was one of the only ones I read on a daily basis, as that at least let me know she was alive. She read others that were basically linkers, and I wasn’t too thrilled with them.
I Started it just to keep me busy. I had just retired from a very high stress, Multi Million Dollar a year store on a Navy Base. I was a Manager, and used to being in charge and very busy, with numbers and seasons in my head at all times. July was Christmas, January was bathing suits. This was a real change for me, and I was afraid I would get bored.
Unfortunately the War in Iraq was looming ahead, and I had to have my say on it. I have been accused of being the only person in the world who actually voted for GW. I discovered that I was NOT. There were others out there just like me. I started reading their blogs and through them others. I also started reading BLOGS OF NOTE and through there I found Dave Barry’s blog. I happen to think he is really funny and started reading his links daily. Through Blogs of note I also met ANNE whose Letters to Rob will break your heart. They are about writing to her step brother, after he had committed suicide. She is a very independent woman who I would love to adopt. She left a very Lucrative job in LA to drive clear across country to go back to art school and follow her dream. She now lives in Baltimore and works in a Barnes and Noble store.
I also stumbled upon Grouchy old Cripple In Atlanta. I don’t care for his language, but he is opinionated and he also voted for GW. He had a lot of links to war blogs and I followed them through the War. I read daily, SALAM PAX who is a young man who lives in Baghdad. I sat through the bombing terrified that he was killed. He wasn’t and is now quite the celebrity. From there I followed more links and found LESLIE. Through her links and other links I have found the friends I have now.
I also have blogs in Japan, Scotland, and Canada that I read everyday. There are about 50 blogs that I have bookmarked, and most I only read once a week. Some have quit blogging and some have moved and left no forwarding address.

Today I found Here Kitty, after a long time of losing her, and through her I discovered her Mom’s blog. She is a 70’s or so, independent woman who has just had laser surgery on her eyes and has a brand new scooter. She is a hoot. I will read her daily.
I realize that I did not name everybody I read, nor those who read me, but I will try to get some one new up every day or so. I think this is a great idea. Especially for those of us who don’t have links up yet.
Miss Kitty’s Mom is Lorraine, and she reads health magazines, and this is a quote from one of them…I thought it was a hoot. Only because with a bad knee and a bad back, I can relate. SORTA.
"........If you or someone you know has difficulty wiping after bowel movements or just want great hygiene, the life-changing Solution ComfortSeat® washes and dries user with little or no assistance. Our NoWipe™ Personal Hygiene Products eliminates the twisting, turning and hand motion needed in wiping. [snip] ......Restores independence and dignity to the user. For constipation, incontinence, hemorrhoids, diarrhrea, feminine hygiene and urinary tract reduction.
All ritey then. Gimme one TushyCleanBidet™ and one Solution ComfortSeat™
posted by Lorraine

I hope this all worked. We shall soon see. Never fear, I will get to you soon. This was a sorta recreation of what I wrote last night, although not nearly as good. I can never re-write.

THANKS BRENDA!!!

No comments: