Monday, October 27, 2003

HELL WEEK!!

This was technically the last dress rehearsal before a live audience comes in. We Have our Members night tomorrow, and If you are a member of The Whidbey Playhouse, you can get to see all of the plays free on Members night. (Cheapest Season Ticket in Town!) So tonight I was frantically taking pictures of scenes that I needed for the story board in the Lobby. Just finished enhancing and printing out all of the 8X10 head shots and the bios too. So tomorrow, I will be busy, too. Gotta go get my MRI on the bum knee, take Zucchini bread into Phyllis office, get gasoline, run into the Playhouse and decorate the lobby, then take a deep breath and relax for a day until opening night on Friday.

I start GODSPELL on Sunday with Auditions, then after that show is over I will be able to just relax. I have worked every show this year, and I had not planned on that. Just worked out that way. I enjoy it, and it has helped me get through this year. When February comes and the show closes, I will once again start in on the inside of the house. As you all remember, I took a hiatus from painting the inside because the weather was so good outside. Well I didnt get all of the outside done either, but I did get more than I had thought. The yard actually looked pretty good this year. At least the back yard did.

I was planning on getting some fall bulbs planted, but I just ran out of money, time and weather. There is always next year. Bob got my cultivator working, so I can turn over the garden where the Zucchini was growing. I might even try some cold weather gardening. Spinach, lettace, cabbage garlic etc. It is usually so wet and soggy here in the winter that you need mud boots to garden in. Maybe we will have as dry a winter as we did a summer. Although you wouldn't know it by all the flooding we just had huh?

Brenda has me wanting to do something with my hair. Hers looked sooo good, that Now I am thinking that if I colored the gray up and had it styled I might look a tad bit younger. I wanted the gray to grow out, as a badge of honor, and I like it, but every time I wake up and look in the mirror, I see my Mother, and THAT scares me. (Shudder)

The time change threw me for a loop today. I have no idea why, but it just seemed like it was dead winter!! the alarm went off at 700 and it was light out, which was really nice, but the fog stayed and it got darker as the day wore on. I took a looong nap, and when I woke up I realized that it was gonna be dark real soon. I do not like the dark days. Never used to bother me before, but now they do. Maybe it is because I feel like I am in the winter of my life sometimes. I keep hoping for spring again, but it ain't gonna happen to this body!! I will be counting the days until Winter Solstice, when the Sun turns its journey back to the North again. THen I think I will feel brighter and better.

Thank you all for dropping in on Phyllis blog. She actually wrote an entry! Cool. Now she wants to change the colors. I knew she would. She's just that kinda girl. DOes anyone know why on her 'puter my blog shows up different than on mine? All of my links and archives, and the side bar stuff is all on the bottom of her page, but it is where I put it on mine.
Better fix it before I start messing with HER blog huh?

Wish me luck tomorrow! knee feels really good right now. maybe it'll be ok.

No comments: