Monday, October 13, 2003

Just another night at the playhouse

Had a full dress rehearsal tonight. I had gone in on Saturday and set the lighting cues for Act I but we couldn't do act II because.......

Anyway 1/2 way through the first act, with jsut the four of us in the back row, a strange woman walked in with tears streaming down her face. She needed to use the phone. As I got up to take her back downstairs to the phone, I noticed the smudged mascara under her eyes. Something did not sit right with me, so I waited, I heard the words, son, Hospital, 10 dollars, please? and ok, just thought I'd ask. She told me that she had tried several businesses on the street and none would let her use the phone. (?) She then asked me if I had any money she could use for the payphone? I did not have any and felt kind of bad about it. She left. She was about 23-26 years old. I went back up and told the Director that I just didnt feel right about what had just happened, and she said the same thing happened to her TWICE as she was locking up the playhouse. If it happens again tomorrow night I think I will call the cops. Sounds like she is snowing us. Am I wrong? Am I too much of a BITCH? hmmmm....



From Phyllis:

The Ten Commandments in Cajun...

1. God is number one... and das' All.
2. Don't pray to nuttin' or nobody... jus' God.
3. Don't cuss nobody.. 'specially da Good Lord.

4. When it be Sunday... pass yo'self by God's House.
5. Yo mama an' yo daddy dun did it all... lissen to dem.

6. Killin' duck an' fish, das' OK... people - No!

7. God done give you a wife... sleep wit' jus' her.
8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.

9. Don't go wantin' somebody's stuff.
10. Stop lyin'... yo tongue gonna fall out yo mouf!

G'Nite all....


No comments: