Friday, October 03, 2003

Ichabod Crane

Tonite as I came home from the playhouse, I had a tough time driving. THe moon was out, sort of, but the ground fog was forming so fast, that in some places you could not see the road. I now have a car with halogen lights for driving in the fog. Guess which two lights are burned out? go figure. ANyway, I was driving up over the high hill, dropping down into Coupeville, and remembered I was out of milk and Bread, so I stopped at Prarie Center and then drove home the back way. The fog was rolling across the newly shorn fields and laying really low in the swales. As my headlights hit it, it turned to instant white, and blinded me. You need to turn your brights down in FOg. I turned down Wanamaker Rd, and started across the now empty fields where corn stalks stood just yesterday. I had the weirdest feeling that I was being followed. I thought immediately of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman, and started beating my horse to go faster. It is amazing how you can buy into the fables so much that reason goes right out the window and fear takes over where you know that in your right mind, there is NOTHING there. Or is there?....

No comments: