Friday, October 03, 2003

Hunkerin' down

The weather has changed with a POW! THe fog has a grip on the land and is not letting the sun get close. It is so foggy out, that the deck has puddles, the grass is wet, and the trees are dripping with the moisture grabbed from the sky. It is cold. Cold compared to what it has been. It is in the 50's which isn't really COLD, but with the humidity so high, it seeps right into your bones. A Grand day for Hunkerin' down as my mom used to say. I got up with Sadie at 6:30 and took her out to pottie, she ran around in the yard until she was really wet, then pooped and wanted to come back in. SO in we came. Shivering from the cold and dampness, because I was stupid enough to go out with no robe, just my ratty looking flannel pj's. So worn, that they are nothing but threads...literally. Holes, sleeves cut off 1/2 way, no hems, COMFY!!! NOthing to keep you warm. Anyway, I digress...We came in, and I stumbled back into bed, and let Sadie run. Donnas room was open, and she was not up yet, so I knew Sadie would find Bandit in there and would wake Donna up, that way I wouldn't get yelled at. (teehee) I pulled the covers back up over my shoulders and turned on Katie, Matt, Al and Ann to get the latest news. It was so comfortable, bed still warm, cool air coming in the window, back and knee finally not aching, and I immediately went back to sleep. The heater cats were doing their job. One on top of my back, two as close as they could get to me on the side. Life is good.

I woke up with three cats levitating off of my bed, and my face getting washed by puppy tongue. Mean nasty Donna must have put Sadie on the bed. Woke up all of us. The cats are ok with Sadie, but not while she is fully awake and they are asleep. So I made a wall out of the pillows that I sleep with, and Sadie and I hunkered down and went back to sleep.

Woke up with Martha making glow in the dark lollipops. A Grand Day for HUNKERIN'...

No comments: