Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Gremlins

THere is a theme running through every one's blogs today...except for KAT Hunkering down, feeling lethargic, slight depression, and general malaise. I know that I am feeling really down. Started last night on the way home from the Playhouse.. The moon was trying to break through the clouds and looked really forlorn. I came through town and it was all closed up and tucked in for the night. Even the Cop was no where to be seen. (small town....REALLY SMALL) I drove on through and rounded the s curves that used to be someone's fence line, but have been straightened out through the years, and headed on past the Outlying Field. (Navy Practice field) Even the planes were gone. The whole world looked pulled in, hunkered down, ready for a long night ahead. It was if it was waiting for something to happen, and wasn't sure what.

I got home, and the Daughter was really crabby or so it seemed, says she was just tired. OK! So I tried to get on the computer, and everything was really sloooow. Now I have absolutely NO patience when it comes to tech things. I paid really good money for this thing and I expect it to work when I want it to. FEH! It sensed in me the same crabbiness that I sensed in Donna. It would not respond. Tech wins again.

Today while reading everyone, I noticed that comments have been turned off. Not everywhere but at least on Blogger. It appears there is a Spammer on the loose. That just adds to my crankiness. I want to get out there and visit with my new friends and I can't. That makes me want to just go on back to bed and cover up. I think Leslie had it right, There must be some gene in us somewhere that says when the light starts leaving, crawl under a rock or into a cave and sleep all winter. Seasonal Affective DIsorder is what it is called, and is s'posed to be kept at bay by full-spectrum lighting. I have two 100 watt bulbs in my office and they don't do the job.

Someone in the neighborhood has their wood stove on. I smell the pungent odor of wood smoke. That in itself stirs feelings of wrapping up in a warm robe, a good blankie, witha nice warm fire going, and a nice lamp shining on your chair. Small dog at your feet, cat on your lap, and a good cuppa in both hands. Gotta use both hands. It doesn't feel comforting using just one hand. Oh forgot the good book. I'm reading Sue Grafton right now I am up to G right now, but it is time for a really good New Barbara Delinsky Book, or a Nora Roberts . A good heartwarming feel good book. Barbara is really good at that. Nora is too, but she goes more into mysterys which is not all bad either. Heck even a November copy of GOURMET magazine would be the ticket.

I think I will pack up Sadie, and go back to bed. Screw it...

No comments: