Monday, September 01, 2003

Mariah seems a little better today, not as hunched up as she was yesterday. She is walking around in the back yard enjoying the sunshine. I know, I know, I am delaying the inevitable.

I woke up this morning at 4:15 . Had to pee, naturally. It was Dark! really DARK!! I laid back down, mentally grumbling about the oncoming short days. I looked outside, from my bed, Resting my chin on the windowsill. (Bed is under window...no headboard) And saw Orion for the first time this year. I do Love seeing Orion. It is so peasceful to me. I dont know why, maybe because he is so easy to find, and isn't cluttered by other stars around him. He sits low in the Southern sky, and goes higher and earlier as winter gets closer. I Love the long days of summer, but I really like Fall and winter also. Seeing Orion means that the cool days of fall and winter are just around the corner. I watched the Morning wake up until I could no longer see the stars, and then I fell back to sleep. It seems like just yesterday that I woke up to pee, and it was daylight already at 4:00!!

When I went to bed last night, my feet were freezing. I was chilly, but knew I would warm up once I got all snuggled in. I thought about breaking out the extra blankets, but I knew I would just kick it off and the dog would turn it in to his bed. I opted instead for getting all comfy and calling "Ethyl the heater cat". She curls up on the small of my back, and purrs me to sleep. The nights are getting very crisp which means it won't be long now until I have to clean the area around the woodstove, check out the chimney, and haul in the wood. I already have the kindling split. The door from the office is leaning against the back wall behind the stove, gotta get it back up, trash to recycle is piled around it, gotta get that gone. (GADS!! Why am I such a slob?)

I gotta post this and start over, my server is acting up, and I dont want to get into my heavy blogging and lose it like I did yesterday. hang on!

No comments: