Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Mariah 1993-2003

I just lost a very dear dear friend today. Of Cancer. And old age. She was almost blind, and couldn't jump up on the bed anymore. It was the right thing to do. She went to sleep very quietly. and I petted her until the bitter end. (sniff) I had made an appointment yesterday for 9:00 this morning. But no matter how much you are prepared, you AREN'T prepared. She usually jumps and wags and jumps when I say "bye-bye" But today she didn't. She just laid down and looked at me. I got her outside, and she couldn't even jump into the car. It was time, and it was the right thing to do. She started as a puppy Learning how to ride in the car. I tried the back seat, but that wasn't going to do. She had her own seat, and knew she was not to get in mine. Everytime I came out of a store, she was in her seat looking out the window. I thought she was such a good girl. One day I came out of the store and did not click the remote until I was right at the car, (I usually click as soon as I get outside. This time, when I clicked, she jumped up out of my seat, jumped in to hers and looked out the window. o not such a good girl after all, just well trained. Click, move over, click, move over. She went with me everywhere. When I was stationed in Nevada, We would go exploring every weekend. Nevada has roads that are not paved. Nevada has roads on maps that aren't even graded. But we went, and she was very good, she keep all the boogey men away, she keep the bears and the Mountain Lions away, she kept all the snakes away. She Loved her kitties, and even nursed Loki when he was a tiny baby kitten ( no milk, just faucets) and even when he got almost as big as her, she allowed it. She barked when someone new came into the yard, and tolerated the squirrels. She will be missed by the whole neighborhood. I already miss her. I am such a big bawl baby...Life shouldn't have to hurt like this.

No comments: