Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Sleep??? What's THAT??

I forgot! Babies gotta pee every two hours or so...night and day!!! So since Sadie is blocked into my Master bathroom, I got waked (woken?) up when she did. uh-uh-uh-uh hoooowwwwwwwwwlllllllll. OK OK I'm up!! stumble into the Birkies and out into the yard. Now for over 65 days there has been absolutely NO RAIN, but yesterday it poured!!! And last night the grass was really wet.

I put Sadie down on the wet grass and she sniffed and then peed!!! GOOD GIRL!!! then she POOPED!!!! REALLY GOOD GIRL!!!! then she ran right under the deck. So there I am on my hands and knees in my holey well worn flannel PJ's, trying to get a curious puppy out from under a deck 18" high. No way was I going to be able to get under there and get her. I am taller than 18" laying on my back!!! ( :-( ) With my tummy sucked all the way in. And my boobs tucked under my armpits. So while I am down there I hear two owls hooting at each other...really close. EGADS, If Sadie runs out the other side, she could be Owl dinner!!! Luckily she came to me and we went back in. I gave her water, and more food, and turned out the light and buried my head for another two hours, and then the drill started all over again. This time, thinking she had done her Thing, I picked her up and took her back in the house. I put her down on the kitchen floor while I got a drink of water, and lo and behold, she pooped!! UGH! Mommie isn't quite trained yet.

Sadie Cheyene Autumn is now sleeping in a basket right here under my "puter desk. Now if I was really smart, I'd be sleeping right now too.

Donna's dog, Bandit is 1/2 German Shepard, and 1/2 Keeshond, is 11 years old and SPOILED ROTTEN. He is terrified of the baby!! She could fit entirely into his gaping mouth, and when she gets close to him he whines and runs away. The cats are reserving judgement. They know Mom. I have not introduced Bea Bunny to Sadie yet. Oughta be funny

No comments: