Friday, September 12, 2003

I hate getting old!!

Not that I really hate it, I just hate what my body has decided it will do to me!! I have one idea , It has another. I'm not afraid of getting older...I have let my hair go back natural, and I kinda like it. It needs a good cut, but I like the gray...I just don't like hurting. I can't hook my bra anymore, I reach back to hook it and my hands won't hold the elastic and SPROING! it gives a huge snap back to my side. Now mind you, I am not of the A B or C size, more like a DD and maybe an E, so the snap back isn't just a little pop more like a big KAPOW. It took me almost 15 minutes to reach back and hook it this morning. I finally had to hook it in front, and twist it back to the back. Do you have any idea how much tight elastic on loose fat HURTS as it pulls around? OUCH! I have a Lane Bryant catalog, and they have a bra that hooks in front, might have to do that. I really like my Playtex 18 hour, Comfort strap bra, But they don't snap in front. If only I could teach the cats to hook me up.

I also am sitting here with a blown knee. I was trying to get up out of the bathtub, after a long soaky bath to relax in wonderful scents.(Epsom salts and Dr. Bronners Liquid Magic Soap...Lavender) and I slipped on the safety bathmat with rubber sucker things on the bottom, trying to get out, and my knee turned inside out. Now to get out of the tub was a real challenge. Donna was over the "hills" in Ellensburg on a conjugal visit. So I was alone. Hmmm says I, Do I yell for help and hope someone finds me before I die? Or should I try to get out any way I can? I finally ended up turning over and getting on my hands and knee and crawling up over the side of the tub. Hurt like hell, but once I was up I was fine. Just can't bend my knee. I can walk, just can't sit too easily. I thought as I was upside down in the water, what if I slip and hit my head and drown? GADS!!!

I guess I need one of those bathtubs you see on TV where you can walk into the tub, close the door and fill it up with water. Sounds like a really good deal. I have a really small bathroom, maybe I could just close the door and fill the tub until it comes 1/2 way up the wall? Then reach down and pull the plug when I'm done? Nahhhh...It's Showers from now on. And a refund on the wonderful brand new safety bathmat with the rubber suckers on the bottom, that didn't suck when I needed them to...

No comments: