Friday, September 19, 2003

HTML...DREAMWEAVER..FREEHAND...etc

OK, so I lost everything I had done. Totally lost. Gone. Not in Word, Not in Publisher, not on the c drive, nowhere. Ok I know I have to start over. Chemystery tells me that I have to start over, so I should do it the RIGHT way. so Out to the car she goes and comes back in with a stack of books 4 inches high and says. "here ya go. There is everything you ever wanted to know about HTML and making web pages."

According to her she had installed all of this on my 'puter last year. So last night while I was up with Sadie, at 300-530 I sat here and tried to make sense of all of this. I picked up the book called DREAMWEAVER and opened it. I am 57 years old, and I have bad eyesight. I can see the computer just fine, I can not see up close, nor can I read without my glasses. I looked at the book, and all I see is a blur. UM! small print, no pictures. Gotta go get my readers. I get up walk into the bedroom with Sadie chewing on my ankle the whole way up and back, and sit down. Yep now I can read the words written there. MAke absolutely no sense to me, but I can read them. So I look at the 'puter screen, nothing but a blur...can't see it with the readers on. So I take the glasses off, and can see the screen just fine. Now I have to put the glasses on, read the book, take the glasses off, see the screen, put the glasses back on to re-read what you thought you read the first time, take the glasses back off to see the screen again. FUCK THIS!!!!

It really sucks when you realize that your body is 57 but you think you are only 25. Now I need to save money to get a lasix thingy done to my eyes. ( and liposuction for the tummy, and a personal trainer, and a personal chef, and a knee job, and a facelift, and a new back, and....PHFFFTTTT)

So here I sit, trying again to read the books and digest what they are all saying, and thinking that maybe I should go back to the Web page wizard on Publisher and try that again. I WILL get there one way or another.

No comments: