Monday, September 22, 2003

ACK!!!!!!

So here I sit watching Martha, having survived this weekend. After yesterdays entry, the whole day just went to SHIT! I got a call from the Southend of the island, The Playhouse down there wanted to know where the truck was I was suposed to have there at 3:00. THe Set for Dock Brief was there and needed to be brought up to our playhouse. Well HELL, no one told ME that. So after getting yelled at by the prima donna of a set designer, I go into OUR playhouse and find that the truck is in use by the show Arsenic and Old Lace, as they were striking OUR set . (someone goofed, and forgot about scheduling around the show on board.) Ya know, this is all volunteer work, and I do it because it is supposed to be FUN!

I was sooo stressed out yesterday, trying to get everything done with this stupid knee. Kneedless (LOLOL) to say the joint in question is very very swollen today. I can put it straight out, and I can put weight on it to walk, but I cant bend it to sit. I can't remember is it put ICE on it? or put HEAT on it. So I don't do anything. I should go to the Doctor I guess, but I just hate to spend the damn money now. It just gripes my Butt that for so many years I only had to pay a co-pay, now I have to pay a percent of the charge. Howcome When my paycheck goes down 1/2, the expense for insurance goes UP 1/3? doesn't seem fair.

Sadie is going through the TERRIBLE TWO's I think. She understands NO, and is very sassy about it. She will growl and nip, and jump at you when you try to discipline her. (in a cute puppy way) And is tormenting her Uncle Bandit ti death. He lays there and growls a deep rumbling "Get away from me you BRAT" growl, and she just ignores him and keeps on tormenting . She can go down the stairs all by herself now, and when we go out for our two AM pee-poop, she is running all over the yard chasing ghosts. I just stand there and wait for her to find a spot and get it out. She has discovered that the cats get really smelly food, and it tastes really good. SHe has discovered that if you start chewing on Donnas' 125.00 Clark shoes, she gets picked up right away. She has discovered that if you bite at a cats tail, it will swish back and forth and she can chase that until the cat gets tired of it. She has not however discovered what cats claws are for. I am so sure she will as soon as they realize she is not a tiny baby anymore. She has discovered slugs. ANd the fact that they are really chewy...GAK, and she has learned how to back scratch her feet when she is through pooping.

Wow Fall has definately FELL. THe trees are turning yellow really fast, and the night air is cold. It got down to 40 degrees last night. Won't be long before frost is on the punkin. I LOVE COld clear days and nights. We are planning on going over the "Hills" next weekend. THe apples are almost ready, and I need to get Pears to can. We will head over Washington and Rainy Pass on Hiway 20, then on through Winthrop and down to Pateros and then on to Leavenworth and Back over Stevens Pass and the ferry home. THe whole drive takes about 12 hours, that accounts for lunch and dinner and the ferry ride. It is so pretty then. Eastern Washington is so dry and colorful. I would love to move over there. I had talked about going over and buying a place close to the Idaho border, where it would be cold in the winter and Warm in the summer. However, I doubt if I will do that. Too many roots here now.

I have a deck to finish enclosing, and then paint, Trim to paint on the house, a Garden to get ready for winter, and a Set to move this afternoon, SO I had better get up and get going.

See ya later...

No comments: