Monday, September 01, 2003

ahhhh That worked. I did a really cool blog about me and the kids and camping and me putting my foot down after Forgetting to pack MY OWN STUFF! and telling them to take their own responsibility for packing for a camping trip. anyway, I typed for a good 1/2 hour and blogger kicked me off, and I lost it all!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH

I refuse to re-create. When I get my creative juices flowing, I type, and then when I read it I wonder just where that came from. Sometimes I even amaze myself. Not that I am any LaVyrle Spencer mind you, but once in a very great while, I can come up with a good read. (write?)

Well POOP!!! I sat down here to write the great american fall blog, and just got interupted too many times, and now I've lost the mood. Shoulda done it last night when I thought about it huh? I have a grey tabby beating my left elbow with his head, wanting to be petted, I have THE VIEW on tv, and my hero DR PHIL is on, so that is distracting me; I have My daughters' dog whining at the window because he is such a wuss, and I am sposed to concentrate and write with all this going on? I don't think so.

I have several different things that for years I have wanted to write about, and that is why I originally started this blog. Ah well, one of these days I will fulfill my obligations to put to ether, my thoughts on the follwing topics.

Himalayan Blackberry bushes

deserted school bus stops

woodsmoke

Autumn (which is what I sat down here today to write about...so much for that today!!)

growing older...and older...and older

(egads...what did I do now? I have a grey tabby (Chitters) an Orange Tabby (Loki) and a Manx wanna be (Lint) all sitting here on the desk staring at me. THe cat box doesn't need changing, the dish is full, the toilet seat is up and the water is clean. ((OK, OK, yeah, my cats drink outa the porcelain spring!)) so what IS their PROBLEM? )

Pets

Gardening

RETIREMENT

etc, etc, and so forth.

When I was stationed in Adak, Alaska, I would take a theme book and a pencil and just find a remote spot with a view, (there were PLENTY of those) and just write. MAybe I'll post some of them here. Maybe not. hmmmm or did I do that already? have to go back into the archives and check.

SPeaking of archives, I started going back through some of my favorite blogs and reading their archives. It is so much fun to see how they have evolved. Brenda, You've come a long way baby!!!! Anne...straight from the hip is very poignant. And man, can she write when she wants to. Whoo. her letters to Bob are heart wrenching. I envy writers. I do so want to be able to write a best seller, Alas, I am afraid I never will. My luck, I will write it, and it will become a major bestseller...posthumously...phfffttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: