Sunday, August 31, 2003

I am afraid that I have to do a horrible chore tomorrow. My Cocker Spaniel, Mariah, has a tumor that has grown like wildfire, and today she is walking very slowly, and all hunched up. I can not afford chemo and surgery for a dog that is 11 1/2 years old. I am told that their life span is only 12-13 years. She has been such a good dog and we have been through a lot together. She is a fantastic traveling companion. And she is a great watch dog. I will miss her terribly. We'll have to see how she is tomorrow. Maybe she is just constipated. I do not want her to suffer, and she looks like she is not at all well, even though she has not once uttered a whine. I CAN put her out of her suffering, I COULD NOT put my Mother out of hers. It just seems to me that there is something terribly wrong with a world that is kinder to their pets than to their parents. One simple little shot and she will be at peace, Mom suffered for so many weeks. 'tain't right!!

No comments: