Wednesday, August 27, 2003

CLOUDS!!!! and FOG!!! now if they would only drop some of their moisture!!! I dont ever remember going this long without rain. Yeah when I was stationed in Fallon, Nevada (shudder) we went awhile with no rain, but then we would get gully washers, and I do mean gully washers. It was amazing to me to see rain that hard, gather that fast and flood everything so completely. I was in Wally-World one bright sunny day, and heard thunder. then it sounded like B-B's hitting the metal roof. I paid for my purchase and went outside...WHOA!! It was raining so hard you couldn't see across the parking lot. All the desert people were standing in the doorway not moving, waitinf for the rain to subside. Pshaw say I, it's only water, Im used to it, Im from Washington state, land of the perpetual mossy yard. I find my car, but I and my purchase were soaked to the skin. I drive slowly through the now accumulating water on the parking lot and find my way back to US 50 and headed West. HA!!!! I nervously laughed while driving because I could not see ANYTHING!!! I knew that I should be getting close to my turn, but who knew? You couldnt stop, someone would hit you, you couldnt pull over, you might fall into a canal, so you had to keep on keeping on. I will say that was probably the dumbest thing I had done in awhile. I did find my turn, and prayed that there was nothing coming and headed across traffic and across the Carson RIver to my own road. Once off the hiway, it was better, but the "MIGHTY" Carson River which was usually only 10 feet wide and 1/2 " deep was actually a raging river!!! Since I only lived 1/2 mile from the river I was hoping that the old timers were right, it would not flood where I was. It didn't. But I have not seen rain like that Ever, nor Since. But I would love to see some like that right now, right here. We are so dry, I will wake up and smell woodsmoke and PRAY that it is some weirdo who thinks they are cold and have a fire in their fireplace instead of some teenager camping in the woods. If a fire got started here right now, It would go forever!!! I guess what I have been trying to say is WE NEED RAIN ! And LOTS of it, and a long lots of it. Now all of you remind me in January that I actually said this. Because once it does start again, it prolly wont stop until next summer. And I will un doubtedly Bitch about it. I have a very short memory.

Oh GOODY!!! The jets are flying again. No TV for me tonite! I dont mind them as long as I know they are going to fly. I will just go to bed and read. It is when I settle in to watch something and they start that I get upset. So I will sit there with my remote in hand, volume UP.............VOLUME down. THey are a necessary part of living and working on a Navy Base though. Actually I live just over the trees from the field. They line up on my house, bounce on the roof, over the trees and then practice their landing and take offs.

I need to get my big fat arse up off this chair and go do something useful like find quotes from caterers for the fundraiser at the Playhouse. catch ya all later...have a nice one, and pray for rain!!!

No comments: