Sunday, August 17, 2003

My Life is getting really complicated! It must be, as I have not had time to blog (read this as not having time to Think about what I want to blog) That coupled with feeling like SHIT all week and rehersals to attend. ARRGGHHH. I have over extented myself. (IM JUST A GIRL WHO CANT SAY NO) I love being involved with the theater, what I dont like is the distance I have to drive to get there. 20 miles in, 20 miles out, and traffic.

It is summer and every damn tourist in the state feels like they have missed Washington if they dont drive their big Motorhomes up Whidbey Island. It took me, I'm NOT joking!, 15 minutes to get on the highway Friday. Ferry traffic was coming from the south, and they were all trailers or motorhomes all doing about 40MPH. Once I found a break in the traffic, I too headed North, at 40 MPH with no where to pass,( as if it would do me any good to pass anyway) and wanting to very badly.

Yesterday I decided I would go the back way into town, and pick up the highway at the stop light. That at least releived me of the frustration of having to wait 15 minutes for traffic to clear. It only took me 5. Then I was right behind the traffic doing 40 MPH that had already been on the highway. GRRRRR I hate Summer!!! For those of you who dont understand....Speed limit is 55 MPH in most places. Lots of curves, no passing zones. Whidbey has become the short cut from Seattle to Victoria BC. zip up I-5 to Mukilteo, drive on the ferry, meander up State Routes 525 and 20 over Deception Pass. and then another island and another ferry and you're in Canada.

I have a great crop of Peaches ready to be picked. Unfortunately I cant reach them. Ladder is too short, tree is too tall. I pickad all the ones I could reach, and plan on putting up a batch of Peach preserves this afternoon. They smell soooo good. There is nothing that smells more like Summer than fresh peaches. I have a Peach Yankee Candle that smells just like that and it makes my mouth water when I light it.(Drool)

I am pet sitting. I now am responsible for three dogs, 4 cats a bunny and a fish. I live in a zoo!! The dogs are being really good though. They for the most part are staying outside. Even Donnas big Wuss Bandit. He usually sits under my window and whines. He is sleeping in the sun on the deck today. Last night was fun though. 3 cats and two dogs ON my bed, 1 dog right where I would step on him when I get up to pee in the middle of the night. Which I did three times. Dog didnt learn...Dont know where cat # 4 spent the night. Bea-Bunny slept in her cage. I didnt sleep...

No comments: