Friday, August 22, 2003

I can NOT believe that I fell back to sleep this morning and slept until 130!! Then I got up really tired and just vegged all day. Didnt even get out of my nitegown until 600!!

I put up 41 pints of peaches yesterday, so today I wiped off the outside of all the jars, and made pretty labels for them, labeled them all, and stood back and admired the work I did.

The forests all around us are tinder dry, and brush fires are starting everywhere. It wouldnt take much for the whole island to just erupt into Flames. The Sheriff has posted a total Burn Ban. No camp fires in campgrounds, no burning brush, no burning of any kind. Meanwhile I have a huge pile of brush that I need to get rid of. After trimming the Wisteria, I piled it all up and was waiting for the rain to hit, so I could burn it...not now!! Guess I'll have to take it to the dump. I wonder if they charge for yard waste? They compost it all, so they should be paying ME!! huh!

I dreamt about two of the cutest kittens you ever saw last night. I do not need any more cats, I have 4 already, but these kittens were so real!! and so beautiful!!! Kittens are my most favorite thing in the whole wide world!! I love them from the time they are born and still wet from amniotic fluid, until they are 6 months old. By then they are teenagers, and Lord knows what they are like!!! shudder!!!

Whoo!! Gas is 2.01 a gallon in town!!! Aren't we glad we fought a war to keep oil prices and gas prices DOWN!!!?? phhffftttt...

No comments: