Friday, August 29, 2003

I have GOT to get a more comfortable chair for my 'puter desk. I am using an old dining room chair, and it is hard on my bony butt!! you would think that a ++ size woman would have plenty of padding down there, but I am shaped like an apple, and have no Meat on my ass. I have bird legs. I look like a marshmallow on toothpicks. I guess I should head to Office Max and see what they have to offer. I really miss my office chair. But not enough to go back to work!

Yesterday on the way through Coupeville heading to the Playhouse I noticed a fog bank hanging low over the Straight. You could see the Olymics, and Pt. Townsend, but the fog was white like a blanket laying over the water. It reached up when it hit land and kind of clamped it's hand over the the trees. then slid on down the sides of the woods, and hung really low and creeped over the fields. Fog is really neat to watch. I especially love it at night. I can lay here on the bed with my head at the window, feeling the coolness creep in. And then off in the distance a very low booooop! Boooop! The fog horn on Admiralty head letting the ships in the shipping lanes know where the shoals are. Often you can hear a far off fog horn blare, and then little bit later, a louder blare and then louder as the ship feels its way through the narrowest part of the straight. once through, the blares get lower and lower as it continues on its way. I can just imagine what it must have been like before electronics and radar. THey must have literally felt their way around the turn and down the Sound to Seattle. When I was a young lass, We lived on the West side of the Island and I could hear the horns from Smith Island, Partridge Point and Pt Townsend. so it sounded like BOOP, boop, boop........................BOOP, boop, boop.....................BOOP,boop,boop. I loved laying in my bed and listening to them. They would put me right to sleep. To this day, when I hear them, I relax and feel like all is right in the world. BOOP,boop,boop.

No comments: