Wednesday, August 20, 2003

I got the Iris transplanted yesterday, and weeded the rest of the garden. Felt good to get dirty again. I still need to get the back end of the deck area planted though.

I bought 25 pounds of peaches yesterday, and 4 cases of jars. I called Bob and he will be over this afternoon to help me peel and can the peaches. I might try some spiced peaches this year too. I just LOVE to can. It makes you feel so self-sufficient!! I like sitting back after everything is done, and looking at all you have put up, to eat the rest of the year! Must be the pioneer in me.

Rehersal last night went really really well. We still need to cut some time off the length of the run though. Of course it might help if all of the cast members could be there all at the same time. We have never had a full cast . The flu or some bug has been making it's way through everybody one at a time. At least it will be before the show starts! Last show I did, which was RUMORS, we took on of the players out by ambulance just minutes before curtain! That was a real challenge!!! We made it though and the audience was absolutely WONDERFUL about the stand in and the use of the script!!

This coming up weekend will be very full. Friday I have to be there for setting the light cues, and Sat and Sun is painting the set for "Arsenic...." and then Auditions for Over The River And Through The Woods. Whew!! Arsenic opens Sept 5th and then I can devote my time to OTRATTW. Once that gets running, then I get to spend my time and energy solely on GODSPELL> I am so worried that I won't do something right. ARRGH

No comments: