Thursday, March 27, 2003

Why in the holy HELL, do some of the Media think we are getting our asses kicked just because we cannot end this war in less than a week? Do they not have a clue? Do they not know that this was never supposed to be easy? War is...well...WAR! It's HARD. It is Horrible, and so is the terroristic regime we are fighting. I think we would be better served by not having CNN and FOX on all the time, and just report the facts on the evening news. Duh Mary Lou, you control the stupid TV TURN IT OFF!!!
I CAN'T!!! If I turn it off we might lose!!! I have to be there, They are counting on me, I am needed! I wake up in the middle of the night, and turn on NBC to see where we are. My type A personality rears it's ugly head once more.

Just took a break to fix some breakfast...just discovered GRITS! man, they are good. A little butter and salt and yummy. My Dad used to fix cornmeal mush for breakfast every once in awhile, but he always made it in big batches. When it was fresh, he would use butter, sugar and milk, but then he would put it in the ice-box and the next morning, he would fry it with bacon grease, and top it with Maple Syrup. He stopped that when I was a little girl though, Don't know why...maybe he liked to sleep in more than eat breakfast. When he was older and living with me, he resurected it. Grits are similar. Instead of corn meal, they are Hominy meal, (Oh Heck. I just sneezed with grits still in my mouth, so now I have to wash the monitor screen. Hang on.) 'K I'm back. So sorry about that.

The Goldfinches are back!! The first one, a male, hit the feeder today. Spring is really here, Now I am waiting for the Swainson's Thrush to start her/his song. He sings first thing in the morning, and the very last song at night. The only thing earlier or later is the hummingbird at their feeders. It can be ALMOST dark, and they are still drinking. It is getting lighter earlier and earlier now. It is light at 530 almost! I thought it was really late this morning, when I got up to let Mariah out to pee, and when I looked out the sun was just starting it's daily climb. I turned on Matt and Katie, and they weren't on yet!! it was only 630! Lola was raising hell in the tree behind the back fence. She must be hitting the feeder earlier too. I have not seen her lately, now I know why. She is an early riser. She did not like the fact that I let The dog out earlier than normal. I interupted her breakfast! She is loud and noisy too. So now at the feeders I have: house finches, purple finches, goldfinches, house sparrows, red-wing black birds, spotted doves, juncos, towhees, chickadees, (both species) Douglas squirrels (Lola) pine siskins, nuthatches, and all kinds of LBB's (little brown birds, that i cant identify). It is also time to put up the rest of the hummingbird feeders as they are fighting over the one, and it is getting drained every other day. Soon all four feeders will be drained daily. Gotta keep the little buggers fed! I had a black headed grosbeak last year,but have not seen him this year. still early yet though...

As soon as Martha is over, I need to head into town and get some shopping done. I have rehersal tonight and need to take pictures for the story board. see ya...

No comments: