Tuesday, March 04, 2003

As you can tell, I have a LOT of free time on my hands now. I discovered Dave Barry's Blog, and it is as crazy as he is. That is the first place I go every morning, because I feel it is a good thing to start your morning with a belly laugh. I have been told that I have a great sense of humor. Some would call it sick...but then so is Dave Barry. This latest site, cow concentration is just the start, there is another game called Cowpie, where you try to kill flying steaks with a cowpie right out of the cows rear-end. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Obviously there are other people out there who have time on their hands also.

I missed a call from a dear friend, because I was on the computer, so the message went to voice mail. I am hoping that I do not lose track of those few people that have made a difference in my life and my career. I am going to have to make a concerted effort to keep in touch. It is so easy to go on your way through life, and forget, or in my case, put off until another day, those people who mean so much. It is a trap I have fallen into my whole life. I just put off writing until so much time has gone by that I am too embarassed to write. I do so much better with email. It is always ready to go, you don't need stamps, you don't have to worry about finding a mailbox, or forgetting to mail it because it is in the bottomless pit of a purse you carry.

I took the first load to the dump yesterday. made the front room look so much better. No newspapers, piled up by the front door. YES DONNA, I THREW THEM OUT!!
I have just committed a cardinal sin in her eyes. My daughter is Ms "Green". I know, I know, I should be too, but I did not want to stand there for two hours going through each paper and taking out the slick ads, and weekly magazines. THe recycle center is very picky. only newsprint. PPHHFFFTTTT!!! ah well. A giant newspaper will probably come in the middle of the night and cover my house and suffocate me because I did not recycle!! So be it!!

THe next room I tackle will be the guest room. I am not sure if I want it to be a craft room, or a sitting room or a computer room, or just leave it as a guest room. I never have guests, unless Bob is too tired to drive home. Or the cats want a sunbeam to sleep in, or Donna comes home. I may paint it a vivid Green and keep it as a guest room. I dunno yet, but I do know that the dressers are coming out of there, and Tim's Secretary and His Great-Grandmothers rocker will go in there. Hell, he won't be home to claim them for years yet. I might as well use them instead of having them take up room in the garage.

Martha Stewart is on now, and her gorgeous garden sure makes me want to get out back and dig. As soon as I dig though, Mariah will dig too, and I don't want her all muddy. She has bones buried all over the back yard, and sure as shooting she would think I was trying to find her bones, so she would dig them up and re-bury them where I had already dug. She thinks she would be fooling me.

Martha is taking a dremel tool and roughing up the edges of a brand new pair of jeans, to make them look old. How times have changed!! I remember as a child, that as soon as your jeans started to discolor, you couldn't wear them in public anymore. God forbid someone thought you had OLD clothes. Had to be dark denim blue, Had to fade all over your underwear , and turn the wash water blue. Could not be stonewashed AT ALL!!!

No comments: