Monday, March 03, 2003

When I was young, I would sleep until at least noon, stay up until all hours of the night, and feel like I never got enough sleep if I could not sleep in. Now I wake at the crack of Dawn, literally, and sit there with my coffee watching the morning come alive. This morning it was COLD. well I guess cold is relative isn't it? it FELT cold. there was a foggy mist wafting through the alders, and the humidity made it feel colder than it really was. I sleep with my bedroom window open 1/2 way, and I could see my breath over the top of my covers. I sat up and assumed the position of leaning on the window sill, so that I can watch the bird feeder, and still see the TODAY show on TV, and watched as the sun started it's climb over the alders and into the day.

I "nest" in my bedroom. Only because my bed is actually very high and I can sit on the bed, and lean on the window sill with my elbow, and get a good view. It is very comfortable, and I get to see close up, the hummingbirds. If I had a chair that was that high, and would allow me to get as close to the window as the top of my bed does, then I would be "nesting" there. Is that why Window seats were so popular way back when? Makes sense to me.

Lola is late this morning...haven't seen her yet. She usually pops over the top of the fence and works her way down to the feeder just about the time I leave for work. It is well past that time now, and still no Lola. I hope the Owl didn't get her last night. :-(

I did it again, thought of something at work that needed to be taken care of. I called, only to force myself to hang up before anyone answered. It isn't my job any more. I wonder when you stop caring about something you have put your soul into for 37 years? Egads...I wonder if every one that retires goes through this? Linda, if you are reading this, TAKE HEED!!!! It has only been one long weekend so far, so I guess I should give it a few months. I suppose it does become easier with time.

I am going to have to force myself to get into a routine, also. I need to get up and take my insulin, and meds, and EAT something. My daughter accuses me of not eating when ever I get grouchy. "DID YOU EAT TODAY MOTHER? You are getting testy." (as if I'm not allowed) Oh look!!!! THe alder tops are moving, that must mean the wind is coming up. Whoo-Hoo!!!! that will make the windchimes tinkle!!! The wind hasn't blown since I put them up. (see, it is the little things in life that tickle your soul now)

There is more light coming through the trees this year, they must have really chopped out the fir trees farther on through, up by the highway. I knew they were logging it out, but I didn't think it was this far down. There is about 1/4 of a mile between my back fence and Highway 20, all wooded. At least it was. I thought there was something going on, as the traffic noises are louder now. I still can not see through the trees, so I still feel like I live out in the boonies. (I do, but not nearly as far out as i used to be. The boonies are getting less and less.)

I have now gone through 3 cups of Starbuck's Coffee, and Martha Stewart is just about to come on, so I should cut this short and get busy. I DO need to eat something, I feel a little light headed. (OK Donna, I'm eating)

No comments: