Monday, March 24, 2003

I woke up this morning watching my breath outside of the comforter. It was COLD. The water on the bird bath was frozen. Hmmm musta got colder than the 38 degrees that was forecast. I Love cold clear days. THe birds were going at the feeders like there was no tomorrow. HMM do they know something we don't? I just noticed that the hummingbird feeders were empty!! 1/2 full yesterday, so they must be back in force. I had to break from here and go fill them. Got dive bombed filling them also. Hungry little buggers. I looked up at the vents under the eaves and there are more than just a few that have been breached. It just may be that the critters are not rats, but starlings. Oh GOD. That is just as bad, they STINK really bad when they die. They get in the walls at the Exchange, in the upper floor, and die. YUCK. Guess I need to stop at Lumberman's and get some hardware cloth and a staple gun, get out the ladder and stop those suckers up. Then I need to go camping for about a month until the smell dies down. >:-(

I watched Saddam's press conference last night, this morning. I am not convinced that it was a current video. I have no clue whether he is alive or dead, but he NEVER once mentioned things that have just happened. He did however mention events that COULD have happened. Bombing of Baghdad, duh..... the taking of Umm Qasr, big DUH....The opposition the coalition is meeting. Well yeah, you put them there and threatened thier families and their lives if they did not fight. DUH.....

I am not convinced that CNN is able to tell the true story either. As if anyone is. It would be nice to know that there was one site that could tell the absolute truth, with absoluetly no subjective reporting. Just stick to the facts. quit sensationalizing it all. quit trying to be the first on the air with the story. I wouldn't care if it was a late story, as long as it was a truthful story. And no rumors, that have since been identified as such. Guess I do live in a dream world. I watch Tom Brokaw when possible. And Christianne Amanpour, Im not really fond of Wolf Blitzer. And I Don't like CBS. no reason, just don't. OHMIGOD!! I just found NPR on the 'puter!! YEAH!!!! Not that they are any more informed, but it is a different perspective. They are far more Liberal than I like, but I do like to listen to them.

I got a cell phone call from my Son this morning while I was in the bathroom, so I did not get to talk to him. But he is on his way to Court, and should know soon what his fate will be. I sincerely hope that they keep him in Island County Jail until his fines are all paid, and then let him out with no probation. Let him get this mess behind him and start life over, if he will. When do you quit worrying about your children? When do you allow them to stand on their own, and not worry about the consequences?
Better yet, at what age do they finaly get their heads out of their asses, and take a good hard look around them and go...SHIT I dont like what I see, I had better start changing the way I live. HAHAHAHAHAH!

Better get off and go get that hardware cloth....

No comments: