Friday, March 07, 2003

I got up late today...8:30! Shame on me. It could be because I overdid it yesterday. I putzed in my bedroom all day, pushing furniture around, vacuuming, washing rugs, washing windows and screens, the works!!! All i need now is paint! My back hurt so bad when I was done that I took a hot shower and slathered myself with ARTHRITICARE. God that stuff is soooo hot. It works though. My right arm and shoulder feel much better today. My back does too, but it always hurts. I should have known better, I should NOT have moved the furniture. BUT when you live alone, somebody has to do it, and God knows I cant get the cats to do it. It was nice waking up to a clean bedroom though.

The TODAY show was interupted by Colin Powell's speech to the UN security Council. I have such admiration for that Man. I am not for war, but I also know that I am a more informed than average adult, and I dont know shit about what is REALLY going on in Iraq. I could speculate like the rest of the world, and assume that it is all about either oil, or Isreal. Or I could form my own opinion and hope that it really is about dis-arming Iraq, and giving the country back to it's people. I have just decided that maybe it really is time to get in there and get it over with. I have been listening to several different stations interviewing several different Iraquis about what is really going on over there. The best one yet was yesterday on OPRAH. She had several people on, a retired General, an Iraqui professor, and a woman who was born and raised in Iraq but came over here right after Saddam took over. It appears that the Iraqi people really ARE wanting the Dictator gone, and Democracy brought back. They live in fear of what Saddam will do, TO HIS OWN PEOPLE!! Ok, let's ROLL!! Let's get in and get it over with.

I know my daughter will cringe hearing me say that. "Mother, Do you realize that you are the only person I have ever met, who actually voted for Bush?" I just smile and know that I wasn't alone. I grew up a Democrat, Married a Republican, and am going with a Libertarian. I gave birth to a far-left Daughter and a Son who can't vote, and probably wouldn't even if he could, because he doesn't pay any attention to current events. I worked on Military bases all of my life, and they are probably equally divided, Democrat and Republican, and I just formed my own opinions. I lean farther to the right than the left, but tend to vote for whomever I think will be the best person for the job. Gore most definately WASN'T!!! HEY!!! i can now get involved in politics!!! Being an Employee of the Federal Government, I Was not allowed to actively politic for any particular party. I could have bumper stickers on my car, and signs in my yard, but I could not wear campaign buttons, or lobby for any person. I could say get out and vote, and be legal. HMMMM aren't Senators, congressmen, and Presidents all Federal Employees? How come they can do it, and I couldn't? Food for thought...

I suppose that I should get off my "chair" and get busy. I need to finish going through the closet and dresser in my room, then on to the kitchen. Tonight is Friday, and Bob will be bringing Pork Chops over for me to cook. Someday I will tell you all about Bob and the quasi-relationship we have. My family just shakes their head.
on to other things...

No comments: