Monday, March 17, 2003

Something is gonna happen SOON. I live right at the edge of the NAS Practice Field. This is where the planes practice "bouncing"... actually they ARE bouncing...they are practicing landings on a carrier deck. There is a carrier deck simulated on the field, and they have to approach and hit the deck with their tires, then take off again really fast. BOUNCING. Unfortunately, they make lots and lots of noise when they do this, and it is impossible to watch tv while they are doing this. I knew when I bought the house 10 years ago that there was a noise problem, and I accepted that. It does get irritating, but I know it is needed. When the neighbors complain, I just tell them, Hey, the field was there way before the neighborhood was, so quit bitching. Today, they are bouncing hard and heavy, and making their low turns right over my house, something that hasnt happened in a loooonnnngggggg time. OH!! maybe it's because I'm home during the day now? Never thought of that aspect. But I do feel that time is really really close. The base has guns at the gates now, and nail strips, and sandbag bunkers, and jersey barriers, and everybody is stocking up on necessities. Scary stuff.

The noon News had a lot on about the memorials for Rachel. They were making her out to be a heroine of sorts. I'm sorry, I don't have any sympathy for her. She was in a place that she should not have been, and doing things that were unsafe, in a place where people don't care if your'e an american or not. Human Sheilds? GIMME A BREAK!!! Do they really think that one little mis-behaving american is gonna stop them from their mission? WAKE UUUUPPP!! I do feel sorry for her parents. You should never lose a child. That is not the way it is supposed to work. Your Children are supposed to bury you, not the other way around.

My new addition is sooooo cute.....I sit in the bathroom with her several times a day, and cuddle. She is growing already. And shedding. They say that you can save her wool and make a sweater, but she is so small, and her fur is so fine it would take thirty years to save enough to make even small earmuffs!! I think I' ll just pass on that one. I gave her a carrot today, and she chooses to poop on it and eat her pellets instead. (bunny pellets, not poop pellets)

Today was absolutely glorious!! Sun shine streaming in the window, was warm, but the wind was COLD. I went out and tried to putz, but came back in with severe chills. I NEVER get cold, and lately I cant get warm. I got a welcome packet from the NEREA today. I guess it is really real, and not just a vacation. I even have a membership card. And an invitation to the convention in May in Scotsdale, Arizona. I am tempted to go, but it's so far to drive, and I cant afford to fly. Guess I wont go. A membership card to the Navy Exchange Retired Employees Assn. ARRRGGGHHHHH but something I didnt realize, is there aren't that many of us. Out of 60,000 employees worldwide, there are only 6000 employees who are retired. Bet that figure jumps up rapidly this quarter!! The Admiral is going to be there too, boy would I like to give him an ear full. Probably just as well that I am not going.

Bea Bunny Baby is wiggling her little pink nose through the cage bars at me. It is so odd, she cuddles, but she doesnt purr, she doesnt talk and she doesnt wag her tail. It is really hard to communicate with a wittle bitty bunny. I just pet her ears cuddle her up and sing Little Bunny Foo-Foo to her. She likes it. I think. She does.

No comments: