Tuesday, March 25, 2003

It was a BEEEUUUUTIFUL spring day today. Unfortunately I sat my Butt in front of the computer and missed most of it. As I was driving in to town to get the hardware cloth, I noticed how SPRINGY it was. THe daffodils were everywhere, the birds were everywhere, people were mowing their lawns for the first time. You know that smell when the grass is cut for the first time in the spring? ACHOOOO!!! Yea THAT one. It was everywhere, and smelled soooo good.

I love the way daffodils pop up everywhere. Ya know, they remind you that there were people 150 years ago that lived there. When you know a field has been empty for all of your life, and you see a clump of those bright yellow trumpets along side the fence, you just know that someone, sometime ago planted them there, and then left. The house is gone, the road is gone, all traces of those that came before are gone, but the daffodils are still there. Multiplying and blooming without fail every single spring. It is a shame that you cant put your name on the bulb and have it reproduce on the leaves every year so future generations would know you actually were there. The weigeilia were in full bloom also, their bright pink blooms contrasting with the dark green in the fields. What made this day so spectacular were the colors in the sky!! Bright vivid blue with gorgeous cumulous clouds , along with the bright yellowish white sun!! AHHHHHH.I came home opened the front door and just let the fresh air come blowing in. Immediately there were four cats all vying for the two foot wide sunbeam on the floor. Doesnt take much to please a cat.

Yesterday I had to go the store for something, and when I came out I saw the one person that to this DAY makes me shake in my boots. I am 57 years old, I have managed a multi-million dollar a year business, I have had up to 150 employees working for me, I have had to speak every week in front of a room full of Navy Department heads, most of which were Captains or above, and I still shake in my boots when I see Mr. Verburg. He was my World History teacher in 1963, and he scared me to DEATH!!! I would say I didnt know the answer when called on me just so I wouldnt have to get in front of the class and say the right answer. I feared that man. I still do.
He probably doesn't have a CLUE who I am or was. Probably doesnt even care. How sad that someone can affect you like that and they dont even know.

I got four of the eaves plugged up, but I had to quit. THe ladder was wobbly and I hurt my back trying to stay balanced, and hurt my arm when I raised it to staple the cloth on. Well if I do 4 holes a day, I should have the job done in 10 days or less. God I hate getting old. I need to tackle the Rat hole too, And I will do that tomorrow. Open the hole, pour rat bait down there, close it back up and hope for the best. If I keep doing that eventually the little bastards will all be gone. If not, I buy a Rat Terrier and shove it down there...that oughta get 'em!!! KILL!!!!!!

No comments: