Sunday, March 23, 2003

I have GOT to get up the nerve to crawl under the house and find out what is living under there. I know it is a norwegian troll with purple hair!!! I woke up three times last night to knawing in the bathroom. They are between the fiberglass tub, and the wall. ARRRRGGHH too close!! I pity the poor fellow who finally breaks through, into the bathroom, and right into the faces of four hungry Cats. :-)

I woke up at 800 this morning and let Mariah out to pee. I noticed that the doves are hovering in the alders, so i checked the feeders. EMPTY. (yeah, I know, the rats probably stashed it all in the walls of my house) I went out in pj's and rollers, to fill the feeders and it was raining. Not the usual blowy sprinkles that we usually get, but straight down, heavy but really quiet rain; almost like it knew it had a purpose. Almost like it was frozen,almost. Didnt bounce, so I knew it was rain and not hail. There are about 35 doves in the flock right now. Last year there were only about 20 and the year before that there were only a few. Word must be getting out about the feeder on Dewey!!

Of course I clicked on the TV and sat glued to NBC and CNN, until I thought, I have got to let those guys do their jobs, and quit trying to run the war from my bedroom. It is soooo hard when you are a type A personality to let someone else take and maintain control. Sit back and relax MOM you've worked all your life to get a chance to retire, now ENJOY it. So hard.... I suppose that Tommy Franks is doing a good enough job without my interference. Like him...yep I do! hmmmm how about this for a political ticket: Powell/Franks in 2008? OW!!!!!! I just felt my daughter sock me from 300 miles away! She would have a gephardt/clinton,H. ticket I would imagine. Or quite maybe a Nader/Nader ticket.

I turned off the tv and turned on the computer SONIC STAGE and listened to Pink Martini while I ate Brunch. Nice respite from Iraq. God I hope we find WMD stashed in the desert really soon. We will be vindicated then I think. I get so damned angry at all of the protestors saying that we are wrong. That we should be putting money into schools and social services instead of War. Maybe they do have a point, but it is always the fringe that shows up on the news, the ones who would benefit from the hand outs. We have not been at war for quite awhile, and the democrats were in charge, and the literacy rate in the United states has gotten lower and lower. It's time for us to get back to personal responsibility, and take charge of our families and our children, insist on their Quality education, enforce good grades, entice literacy, and recruit Great teachers, and mentors. Get back to Morals and Manners, Get away from the me, me, my, mine society that we have become and help get our entire country involved in making it the proud land that it once was. Show what good honest hard work can produce. quit expecting hand outs, and start working for what you want.
I was a single parent with a tiny baby girl, and I qualified for Food Stamps, and Welfare and hand outs, but I would not take them.. I was able to work, and I felt that if I took the handouts, that I would be taking it from someone who couldnt work. I worked three different jobs all at the same time, just to be able to afford a house of my own and child care. But by GOD, we survived, and I raised a proud independant free thinker who knew what she wanted and is going after it. I dont agree with her politics and she certainly doesnt agree with mine, but she does think.

Now my Son...well can't win 'em all I guess. I assume he is still in jail, he said he would let me know where he was, and I have heard nothing, so I guess it is still staus quo. He is sposed to go to court tomorrow, and probably will be spending the next year here in the county jail. If that is what it takes for him to get his fines taken care of and get back on the right foot, then so be it. He just keeps getting it piled on and piled on. At least this way he will be safe and fed and warm and dry. And I can see him two or three days a week. That is more than I have seen him in two years.

Just turned CNN back on, and nothing new has happened, except that they have identified that individual who threw the grenades into his commanders tent. Wow, Never know which way to be safe.

Gotta go...back later.

No comments: