Thursday, March 13, 2003

I started to File my Tax return today, and couldn't find my w-2 form, nor my interest payments on my mortgage, nor my taxes on my property. I started digging. I kew I had it just before I retired, and took in to work to try and gather things together there, so i dug through all the crap I brought home from my office. Nope, no paperwork. I looked in the kitchen, nope, no paperwork, dug through my purse and my Playhouse totes, nope no paperwork. Dug through all my late bills, nope, not there either. Oh Lord. There is one other place...(scary music here please) the dreaded top drawer of my computer desk. So after I got home from the Playhouse tonite, and ate popcorn for dinner, I took a deep breath and started unloading the top drawer. Now when you are the only Human owned by 4 cats, they all are vying for your attention. all at the same time. I had things stacked helter skelter on top of the key board, the printer, the pull out shelves, and my lap. Yep, there comes a cat. So now there are papers, and sticky notes, and pens, and paperclips all over the floor. One of them plops himself in my drawer, yep, the one I am trying to clean out. One of them decides the place to be is the top of the printer. Ok, Chitters, get comfy. Lint, Please don't walk on the key.....';akfjg[pq9ut09cy ]- nmnm.,jdkuyr8ylkiedgoyi

board. (SIGH)

I take five minutes, pet them all, shoo Lint and Loki out the door, pet Chitters, (he's ok on the printer) and start in again. This time I have almost everything out, and waaaaay back in the back of the drawer, stuck, just heading over the back side into the netherlands under my desk, was the elusive paperwork. Now I can do the great American thing and file for my my tax refund!!! I need it!!

Yes, for those of you paying atttention, I did say 4 cats. Ethel stays hidden, especially when I yell at the boys. SHe lives under my bed, when there are people around, but right now she is on her back in the middle of the living room, with her little white paws covering her eyes. Donna calls her "Skunk Kitty" because she is black with a white tummy, and since she sleeps on her back, in the dark, she looks like a skunk. Donna has a thing about skunks, They live under her 100 year old house, and spray, often. needless to say she reeks every spring. LOLOLOLOLOLOL poor baby.

We had quite a storm last night. Rain, sideways, and wind straight up the Hood Canal slamming right into my house. Power went out about 600 and stayed out most of the night. The wind was pretty steady at about 30-40 MPH and the gusts went up to 50+. the Alders out back were snapping and popping, and bending to the northeast at right angles. Ok, I exaggerate. 45 degree angles. All of the sunflower seeds blew out of the feeder trays, and the hummingbird juice is now splattered all over my nice clean windows. Oh well. I love storms. Just LOVE THEM. I was concerned about my garage door though. My renters kicked it in, and it doesnt take much to push it open even when it is locked. (Dont ever rent) I got up and pushed stuff in front of it, so it wouldnt pop open and let the cats out. It worked. Better get it fixed soon.

The play is coming along pretty well. We are doing Neil Simon's RUMORS, a funny show, and the actors just got off book tonight, so there was a lot of goof ups, but it is going to be fun. When this one is over, I'm taking a break for awhile. If I dont get to direct next year, then I will just be a member and enjoy when I can.

I need to go fix a cuppa tea. Wanna join me? I have all kinds.....

No comments: