Sunday, March 02, 2003

I spent this weekend doing practically nothing. This is something that I am afraid I would do. I hope it is just catching up with rest, and un-stressing from 37 years of working for the Navy Exchange. I can not believe that I actually am never going back. It seems so sureal...like I am dreaming, (or halucinating). I keep trying to brainstorm/plan the upcoming seasons, I have not yet learned to shut my mind down. It is still on fast forward. I had planned to get up, make a dump run, and get the crap at the front door gone, and the empty boxes in the garage gone. That would've been a great start to cleaning up, but Bob was 1/2 hour early, and it was pouring rain, and it was cold, So we discussed putting it off until tomorrow. GADS, I'm falling into his trap!!!!! He will bring over his laundry and do it here, while I go to the dump with his truck. I actually do have a hole in the garage now though. With a little bit of energy the Front of the house will be clean.

I really need to get my taxes filed this week too. I need the money. Bad. Don't know when my VSIP will kick in. S'posed to be mid March. I hope so. First retirement check will be April 1. I will then pay off my new refridgerator, I LOVE IT. No noise, just an occaisional whirrrrr-kerthunk when the ice falls into the ice bin. I hit a button and I have crushed Ice. Now most people wouldn't even care about crushed ice, but when you are an ice chewer, it is wonderful!!! come home go in grab a glass of crushed ice and water, and munch away. My Mother would roll over in her grave if she had one, but she doesn't. Look out La Push, tsunami possible!!!! (she was dropped over the side of a Navy Vessel, in May of '93, on her wishes.)

I took another nap again today. I am hoping this does not become a habit. need to read, I need to sew, I need to un-stress. Hmmmm a day at a spa sounds like just the thing huh? Too bad I'm not independantly wealthy. shucks

My son said he would call me last night. I waited, he didnt. Now why would I even THINK that he would? He isn't in trouble right now. He only calls when he needs money or is in trouble. Forgets he has a mother any other time. Why are men like that? Why do they just think that once they become men, they can walk out of your life, and you will never miss them? Men ARE from Mars!!!

No comments: