Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Obviously this isn't working...too bad, I howled when I saw it. It worked from the edit point, but must lose something critical in the posting. eh...on to other things I guess.

I had a bad day today. Woke up with a splitting headache, and an upset stomach, and missed the opportunity to call in sick!! DAMN!! I gave away 1500 hours of sick leave too. So I just laid there, watching TODAY and tried to get over the pain. After three cups of really strong coffee, the pain lessened, but it is still there. I showered, washed my hair, got dressed, ate breakfast, and fell asleep. Woke up thinking I should do something meaningful, was dizzy so I fell back to sleep. Woke up took my blood glucose, OK, and watched the noon news. Now I am feeling guilty because I took the Time to help myself feel better. For the first time in my adult life, I have the luxury of NOT having to do anything when I feel a little off. Why do I feel so OFF? I dunno. Could be all the alder trees in pollen, Could be I'm trying to catch a cold, could be 37 years of NOT taking care of myself when I should have. I was one of those "Martyrs" that had to go in to work while sick, to prove to the world that "I am better than that."
Always wanted the opportunity to stay home in bed and just "veg", and not have to go in. Pooh! Now I have it and it isn't the same. there is no victory in it anymore. NOBODY KNOWS I'M SACRIFICING!!! :-Z AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

There is a major winter storm watch for the olympics and the northern Cascades. They are expecting up to 2 feet of new snow to fall. THe snow level is expected to drop down to 1000' in the hills, but it feels like it will here. The alders are moving, but the windchimes still are not tinkling. I may have to move them, so that I can hear them when the wind blows. I really wish it would snow here. We haven't had any flakes since the first day of spring last year. In fact, the weather this year has really been boring. It has been calm, cold, clear, or rainy, cloudy and calm. No wind to speak of, no winter storms, no power outages, BOR---ing!!

I have been slugging for almost a week now. I guess It is just about time to get up off my lazy arse and do something useful. I Still have all of those projects unfinished. I haven't even unloaded the dishwasher. Oh I take that back, I empty it a piece at a time every day. Of course the dirty ones are once again piling up in the sink, waiting for the clean ones to all get dirty, so I can load it up again, and start all over. I need to go through all the boxes of Office crap, that I brought home, and either file it away, or THROW it out. I just HATE to get rid of it, I have been carting it around for too many years. I have grown attached to it. It is all outdated, but that's no reason to throw it away!! YES IT IS MARY LOU!!!!

Now go do it.

No comments: