Saturday, March 15, 2003

Early risen I was today! woke up right at 615 and actually stayed awake. I had a nail appointment at 9:00 so I didnt dare go back to sleep. The sun was really bright this morning. One of those really rare March Mornings in the Pacific Northwest where the wind was blowing in from the South west a nice strong warmish wind, full of the smell of the sea, and scuttling the heavy storm clouds right off the olympics and straight over to the Mainland. Left lots of Sunbreaks up this way. I loved it!! The huimmingbirds dont though, the wind must be too strong for them, they havent been to the feeders in two days. Anyway, I got in the car and decided to drive the back way into town, and enjoy the gorgeous pre-spring morning. I cant believe all of the big bright yellow King Alfred Daffodils that have suddenly popped open all over the prarie!! Clumps and clumps of them! I LOVE daffodils. Probably my favorite flower...they are so NOISY!! they pop up out of the cold wintery wet ground and with their trumpet shaped eye-hurting yellow blooms scream....TOODLE-OO!! TOODLE-OO!! It's SPRING!! WAKE UP!! IT'S SPRING!!! How can you help not loving a morning like that? No Babies yet though. No baby horses, cows, or lambs that I could see. Maybe all of the farmers that are left have decided to sell their stock. Not many left out here, civilization is advancing fast. I did see the Canadian Geese nesting at Hastie Lake though. Every spring they fly in and nest in the tall grass surrounding the marsh. Then in May the babies are old enough to fend for them selves, and they all take off.

I just love spring. I dont love the pollen counts but I can live through them. Phyllis came over today and as we were talking about being so sleepy all week, she mentioned that she could barely keep her eyes open all week. AH HA!!! pollen!!! yep, that must be it! I dug through the weeds in the front and found the crocus blooms, they were buried, and so was the patch of wood violets I plopped out there last year. both thriving in the neglect. Guess I should get out there tomorrow and try to start salvaging my front yard. I did get out last week in the rain and trimmed back the wisteria, cut back the canes that were strangling the yellow climbing rose out on the back fence. The rose should do much better this year.

I heard all of the gossip from the NEX today when I went in to get my nails done. Seems like I really am missed. :-) I would love to think they couldn't live without me, but that is not going to happen. It is really hard after giving your life to a place for that many years to realize that in fact you are "just passing through..." Nobody is gonna care in another 6 months. Kinda seems unfair huh? There ought to be marble monuments with our names on it, saying when we worked there, and what we did. OH...I guess they call those head stones huh? :-( My sister told me that the next major thing in my life was death. I hope it's not really soon. I would hate to think that I waited this long to enjoy my life and end up not having much time to enjoy it in. I don't think she realized what she said or how it affected me. ICK!!!

Still rumblings of WAR/NO WAR...The Scuttlebutt on the base is saying that it will be really soon, and that we will go into THREATCON Charlie really soon. Oh GOD! Why cant we all live together peacefully? I want that, and so does everyone else, but we know that is impossible. As long as there are tyrants in the world, there will be wars. And as long as there are more than 1 person in the world, there will be conflicts. Dear Lord, did you know what you were creating? Is this all part of your grand plan, to have us destroy ourselves, so you can start fresh, with a new plan? SO much to contemplate. Saddam has requested that Blix get back to Baghdad ASAP. I wonder why? surely he can't be going to comply with resolution 1441? He probably wants Blix and crew back there so that when the War starts, he can use them as bargaining chips. That is one scary dude. He has divided his country into 4 military units, and has put his Son in charge of Baghdad. The son is worse than the Father, or so the Media is portraying him. I keep turning over to CNN to see how close we are to War. SO far it is status-quo...

No comments: