Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thanksgiving week...




I find it hard to believe that it is already Thanksgiving Week again. It seems just like last week that we were talking about the plans we all had for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, my house is clean, and I am not smack in the middle of producing a show. (I am, but it is almost over) Things are going to be kinda low key this year. Donna is still finding her own kitchen, and will be eating at her In-Laws this year. Tim is....Well Tim is not here. And probably will not be. SO it will just be Phyllis, Mike and his family wife sherry and son Galen, and Me and Bob. That is all. No big celebration, just dinner.

I am so broke, but Bob bought the turkey, Phyllis is bringing a ham. And the sweet potatoes (in which form, I am never sure) Mike et al are bringing the pies, cause sherry can make pie crust, I can not! And I have a bag of potatoes so we have dinner covered. I have two bags of cranberries in the freezer so I will make my own sauce this year. (can you imagine, cranberry sauce with no rings on it from the can?) so we will have turkey, and gravy and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes and ham, and green beans and stuffing. I think I can scrounge up enough money for two bags of stuffing mix, and I can make cornbread too. Hey we will feast for sure.

Right now we are all socked in with fog and they say it will stay this way until Friday. The airport may be canceling flights. I can not imagine having to try and catch a flight anywhere during the holidays. I pity those that will be stuck in airports around the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever wondered why it is that when ever you leave a pair of colored socks in a pair of white pants, and throw them in the washer that they are ALWAYS RED? yep, did it. Yesterday, so now I have a pink sweater, 5 pairs of pinkish undies and a pair of mottled pink white cotton slacks. Now mind you I don't have any red socks, but I surmise they were kicked off of Donna's feet during a hot flash, and were all bundled up in the white mattress pad that I threw in with my laundry. Yeah, the socks are still Red too. AH well, No one but me sees the undies, and I only wear the white slacks around the house. So I guess that is a good thing.

My computer seems to be on the mend, after the all night defrag. I also took the tagboard down, as that seems to have had some "lurkers" that were slowing things way down too. After the first of the year I think I am going to get my own domain, rename my blog, maybe, and then BUY a zonkboard. I would put up a cute little chalk board like Kimmotions but I am not as smart as she is.

I am crocheting like crazy trying to finish this afghan, so I may not be posting much this week. On the otherhand, I have absolutely NO money, so I can not go anywhere or do anything, so I may be posting MORE!! Guess It will all depend on my mood and creative juices huh?

You all have a fine week! For those of us here in the US, If you are not in Retail Enjoy your short week. For the rest of you, Well, Drive safe please.

No comments: