Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm DONE!!


afghan

YAY!!!! I'm Finished with it!!!! My mother started this afghan the year before she died, and did not finish it. She did the aquares in the middle. Donna, started a pink afghan about 10 years ago, got bored with it and gave all the squares to me. I took the beige yarn and finished Donna's squares, and then hooked them all on to Mom's portion. I was bound and determined that I would finish it. And this morning I finally DID!! got all the fringe hooked on about 30 minutes ago.

It feels really good to have a project actually finished!! As you can tell, we are a multi-generational bunch of procrastinators. I have made several afghans in my life, but have always given them away, so this one is staying right here!! I can think of nothing better than to be sitting by the wood stove wrapped in something that was made by the hands of two women that I loved most in my life!! My Mom and my Daughter!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH Big sigh of relief here........

No comments: