Friday, November 25, 2005

BURRRRRRRP! Oh Excuse ME!...

Well we ate, we ate very well. Once again we had too much food! Next year remind me to cook a smaller Turkey. I cooked a 23# one this year, and we did not even go through one half of that. Phyllis brought a ham over too, and that was too much. SO next year, I will cook a small turkey, and she can bring a small ham, And I wont cook dressing from scratch, 'cause I always make waaaaay too much and end up feeding the birds! I will make a pan of stove top stuffing, it is really good, and easy! Phyllis made her Sweet potato Casserole, and she can bring that next year also. And the mashed potatoes were just right. The gravies were not very good, because I blanked out and was going on remote while making them.

My SIL Sherry is the pie baker in the family, so she brought a pumpkin and a pecan, coulda used more of the pecan!

Donna called first thing in the morning to tell me Little Miss Till-Till (Tilly) says Happy Turkey Day Grandma. She is finally all settled in, and Bill and Her are actually living in the same house and happily! (who'd a thunk!) It seems odd to have her happily married, she has been with him for 14 years, and married for 10! Strange...But Hey, when you hardly ever live in the same house at the same time when do you have time to argue? She has a job, he has a job, and they are both close to where they live. Do you suppose there MIGHT be time for a GRANDCHILD? nah....She has a 24 year old step-son, so I told her she will probably be a grandmother before I will.

Tim called just as we were sitting down to dinner!! Now mind you, Tim NEVER calls. THe last time I heard from him was August! He lives the next Island over, but the Ferry costs a fortune and is full of tourists, so it is very hard to visit back and forth. He is still with Sandy, and still working very hard. It was great to hear from him too.

So it was just us old farts, and Mike's son Galen, who will never miss a free meal. He is such a cutie, and working hard at two jobs and getting some classes under his belt for his nursing degree. He is so skinny, but man can he pack it away! I forgot how much a young man can eat!!! Galen is 27. We told him he better slow down because as soon as he hits 30 the fat will find him!!!

I am up and writting this post at 615, because I woke up and my back was just trying really hard to spasm, so I said screw it and got up. Amazing how fast the internet is at this hour!! Almost Fun! Just Almost.

So here I sit, with a dishwasher full of clean dishes, a cupboard full of dirty pans, and no coffee made. There is a piece of pie calling my name, and a nice comfy chair waiting for me in the living room, So I will go work on my Afghan for a bit, and before the Seattle Macy's Christmas PArade starts on channel 5, I will probably be sound asleep in comfy chair, with two cats on my lap purring contentedly.

I hope you all had as nice a Thanksgiving, or plain old THursday as we did. Now go fix yourself a turkey sandwich and be sure you put some cranberry sauce on it...makes your hair curly!!! ;)

No comments: