Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dark dreary day...

We have had the ugliest sky today. Not quite clouds, not quite fog, just YUCK!!! and no wind, so the air is not moving at all. There is a temperature inversion which means that warm air aloft has trapped the cool stagnant air at sea level. It was chilly, so just as I had a good roaring fire going in the wood stove, and settled down to watch the evening news, the weatherman came on and said that there was a burn ban on because of all the gunk in the air. If you only heat with wood, you can still burn, but if you have any other source of heat you will get a 4000 fine. I let the fire burn out. dont have 4000. But I had all the windows closed and it got really warm in this house with just the three logs I started with.

I LOVE my Lopi stove. I can heat the whole house for four hours on three pieces of wood. I have a 1400 SF house too. I do keep my bedroom window opened a bit year round, and that helps draw the heat back to that part of the house.

I sat and watched tv most of the evening, I am really getting into E-Ring. LOVE that MAn!! PURRRRRR! and then CSI NY and Gary Sinese...Mighty fine TV tonight. I almost finished the squares on the multi-generational afghan, my fingers are really sore, but I am determined to get all of these unfinished projects done in the coming year. The quilt will have to wait until payday so I can get the batting. ANd then It will be finished also. YES!!!! THen I can finish MY own creation.

I am finishing Rusty's Director's GIft tomorrow, and then I will have to take it in and have the cast sign it. then get it framed, and that project is done too.
Damn, I am almost getting good!!! Scares me...

Uh-oh!! there is a warning at the bottom of this that could not connect to Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail. Guess I better copy this into word huh...Stupid BLOGGER. NO It is probably my CRAP dial-up!!!

No comments: