Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I remembered!!!!....




I actually remembered to take the turkey out of the freezer this afternoon, I usually have to thaw it under running water, because I am usually so busy at work getting ready for BLACK FRIDAY that I forget it. I must say it is rather nice, not to have to worry about having enough sale merchandise to make it from 500AM until Noon, when it goes back off sale. (yeah RIGHT!) It was usually really lame stuff, and people would line up at 400 am just so they would be the first ones in line to get wrapping paper for 50cents a roll. AND UGLY paper at that! I swear, you advertise SALE, and SOMEONE will buy it. I am so GLAD to not have to do that crap anymore. I actually have my house clean, the dishes all done, and all I have to do tomorrow is get the few things I need for my part of the meal.

I have been watching FOOD NETWORK all week, and I discovered something, on my own, and now everyone is doing it!! I do not stuff my Turkey, and I cook at fast and high, the past three I have cooked have been soooo moist!! And now all the chefs are saying to cook it for 2 hours at 425 and it will be done. Take it out BEFORE the temp reaches 180 degrees, as it will continue to cook for 30 minutes just resting.

I need to clear up something. I posted that I had to dig through pockets for some money because this month I am hurting. Please do not worry!! I just had several unexpected things happen this month, and my retirement pay just did not cover it all. Donna moved out, and even though I knew it was coming, I did not plan for it. My own fault. I screwed up. And I had car repair bills that I was not counting on. I will be fine, I promise, I just have to get caught up and then I will be able to make it. I have been broke before, and I will be again. Just remember that when you retire, you have all this time to do all things you wanted to do when you did retire, only now you wont have the money to do it with!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ya'll drive safe on your trip over the river and through the woods tomorrow now. And don't overeat!! OH YEAH!!! The parades are on too!! WHOOT!!!

No comments: