Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Feels like WINTER...


fall bounty

We are sitting here waiting for the biggest storm of the season to slam into us either late tonight or tomorrow. Winds up to 50 MPH are expected in Admiralty inlet...Yep, that is where I sit...right above it! I was not planning to even get dressed today, it was just that kind of day for slugging in your pj's. Unfortunately 4 cats that live here had other ideas. It seems they have been having a hay day eating cat food. And they are out! I am going to have to put a stop to that! they are all getting lazy and chubby except for Chitters who is getting skinnier. So I got dressed and headed into prairie Center for groceries. I stopped by Phyllis' to pick up something, and then went on to the store.

As I got out of my car to walk across the parking lot, The wind came in right off the prairie and smacked me in the face, and I swear the wind chill factor had to be close to freezing. It even SMELLED like snow. I would not be surprised to see a dusting down at sea level in a few more weeks. The earliest we have had snow of any amount here was in 1985 I think, Nov 19, and there was 19 inches on the ground!! It was quite a dump for us. We will be getting colder and colder as this month goes on. And waiting for the storm to hit just brings it back that I need to bring in some wood before it all gets wet and will not burn.

The big grey squirrels have been tearing up the fence line running back and forth with nuts in their mouth. I think they are stocking up and storing up for the winter. Must be gonna be a hard one.

Hey up there!!! Did it all melt, or is it cold too? And ya'll down there, enjoy your warm fall weather as we get rained on and wet and cold and freeze!! Time to get out the electric blankets...

No comments: