Saturday, March 13, 2004

Update on Chemystery's shoulder.

Donna is much better now...humble as hell...and grateful for the Lortabs. Man that must have HURT!!! even the Dr said sometimes it's easier to break it than dislocate it. She takes her arm out of the sling twice a day and does the full range of motion movement, and it isn't hurting her. She has to keep the swaddling sling on for 6 weeks though, to give the muscles time to get back into shape. I could not believe it when I saw the top of her shoulder poking up under the skin of the top of her boob! YUCKY!!!

She is left handed, and of course she hurt her left arm. Go figure. She is going to try to go back to work on Monday. driving will be a trick, but She'll be ok. Her boss sent her a bunch of flowers which really surprised her. SHe has a really good boss. And He thinks the world of her and her work, so I guess He wants to keep her happy. Too bad her husband didnt send any though. (prick that he can be). Oh did I say that?

I have not been in an emergency room with one of my Kids in many many years, and Trust me, the mothering instinct does not go away with age. I was so scared when I heard her screaming. Gut-wrenching feelings are not good for you! I am the type of person that does great during an emergency. I am calm, I joke, I can handle blood and guts. UNTIL I know that the crisis is over, and everybody is safe, and then I fall apart! I don't cry, but I shake inside and out, and need to sleep.

She is up right now trying to do some washing. I asked if she needed help and she said NO , I have to learn how to get things done. Stubborn Kid, I would have let her have today. Now Tomorrow.....

No comments: