Sunday, March 21, 2004

New Camera

I have a new Sony Cybershot DSC-P10 Camera. A 5.0 megapixel digital one. and It is really cool. BUT I cant figure out how to get the pictures from the mega new Memory Stick Pro 256 MB. You have to use the camera to download it to the computer, Unlike the regular memorystick that comes with the camera. I have a Sony Vaio computer, and it has a slot for memory sticks, BUT not the new ones.

So I get out the manual and read how I have to hook up the camera to the AC/cord, then the USB cord to the Camera Then to the Computer. Oh and download this program that comes with the camera. It is called Image Transfer. It looks cool enough, but then I cant figure out how to get the pictures I took from that program into MY PICTURES so that I can download them onto my blog.

Why in Hell don't they make things like this really really simple to use? Why do they assume that if you have a digital camera that you are a PC wizard? I will be able to figure this out, but I know that Phyllis never would. Donna could, but all she spouts is "Read the manual Mom, That's why they print them!" Humph!

The whole bone of contention is the new type of memory stick that I ordered to go with the camera. It came with a 36 MB stick, but with 5.0 megapixels, it only holds 12 pictures. I can make the picture less megapixels and it will hold more, but then why pay all that for the camera?

Right now I have the manual on my desk, the camera on my desk and two pair of glasses on my desk. I need my glasses to see the computer at times, and I need the readers to see the teeny tiny writing on the camera. This is gonna be fun folks until I figure all of this crap out!

I went out driving into the Skagit Valley today because it was so nice. I wanted to see the daffodil fields all in bloom and buy a big bunch of flowers. Unfortunately every body in NW Washington had the same idea. So traffic was horrendous, and there were no cut flowers to buy. I was really bummed. Every place that there was a good picture, there were thousands of people in the way, and no place to park.

I even went over Deception Pass bridge planning on getting out and taking some pictures for you, BUT the line of cars was 1/4 mile on either side of the Bridge. So much for that.

You can tell that people are ready for Spring...This was the first weekend that the tempurature was over 60 and the sun was out. Filtered, but out!

It must have been opening day today too, as you could walk across Pass Lake on all the boats!! Unually there is only three or four belly boats on the lake. Guess I had better get my tackle box cleaned out, Throw away all the old stale marshmallows. Throw away the old Potskees salmon eggs, get new hooks and line and new salmon eggs and the new bait scented marshmallows. OH GADS and dont forget the license!! I really need to get back into fishing the lakes and rivers again, I miss it. Don't even know where my hip boots are!!! They probably got commandeered by a SON!! OK< I have his pole and tackle box. HEH!!!

No comments: