Thursday, March 18, 2004

Late night Ramblings

I am wide awake...It is 2:15AM I can not get to sleep. so Since I finished reading my book Ske Kathleen Moody's new book Medusa, I thought I should get my ass out of bed and come in here and post something maybe squinting at the monitor will make me sleepy.

THe wind is roaring through the alders out back, and since they are in full fertility with their little catkins popping pollen all through the air, my eyes are burning like Hell. I sleep with my head practically stuck out the open window 365 nights a year. That is the only way I can breathe. I can not stand breathing warm air. SO I will just have to live with the itchy eyes until pollen is through pollening. Next come the firs and the cedars, but I dont think they bother me as much as the alders do.

On the news last night was a bit about an 80 yr old man who was over due from a fishing trip. They found his boat going in circles just off of Port Townsend, no sign of him. When they do find him, (and they eventually will find Parts of him) I will wager that his zipper is unzipped. The majority of men who die in drowning accidents in our waters do so because they fell overboard while taking a pee. He either had a heart attack bringing in a fish, or fell over board peeing.

I went down to the beach today with my brand spanking new camera, and took shots of where this man fell in, so you will see how vast it really is. The tide was on its way out, so more beach is showing than usual.



This is looking West across Admiralty Inlet towards Port Townsend in the far distance.



This is looking down Island towards the entrance to Puget Sound.

Needless to say I do not want to be beach combing anywhere around there until his body is found. The tide rushes through the Straight into Admiralty Inlet and circles around the Inlet and then goes back out to sea through the Straight of Juan de Fuca. So he will more than likely either wash up on this beach or hopefully over on the Kitsap Penninsula Side. With all the crabs in the water and all the fish, finding people whole is almost impossible. It aint a pretty sight at all, I think I will stay away for a few weeks.

It is a lovely beach to walk on though. You can walk for miles and miles on rocks and driftwood, No sand here.

As I left the beach I went down the spit road past the beach houses and ran into a flock of the local tame geese. THe females were rather shy, but mr Goose himself wanted his picture taken in the worst way. He really wanted some bread which I did not have with me. Sadie really wanted HIM!



These geese were turned loose by my father over 35 years ago, before this became a development. THere are fresh water ponds and a lake, and they thrived!!! They get thinned out every year by the bastards that bought their $300,000 homes right on the beach right where the geese live and poop. They think the geese are pests, and want them all destroyed. Most of us like the geese and ducks, so thinning is what happens. I think if you are dumb enough to buy your property where there are wild animals, then YOU should be the one thinned!! I LIKE the wildlife, Even the mangy old Coyote in the woods. I am responsible...I keep MY pets in the yard or the house.

No comments: