Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Wednesday Wednesday!

Like the majority of the blogsphere, I too am brain-dead lately. I haven't put much of substance to the keyboard, and I still am not sure that I can. I keep getting caught up in the "WHAT DO OTHERS WANT TO READ ABOUT" instead of the original premise of this blog, Documenting my life after I retire! HOW BORING!!! EHHHHHH Who cares! But then I think, Well a year or so ago, you were writting, and there wasn't anyone reading it. now you have over 5000 hits! so SOMEONE must read it. I am not sure that I care who reads this. IF you stop by, WELCOME!!! IF you don't...so be it. This was not meant to keep anyone away, more, it was meant to talk myself back into blogging what I feel like blogging about. THat may be very mundane. It might be interesting to others.

One of the best things I have found about blogging, is meeting people from all over the world, and getting to know them, and their way of life. It is very interesting to me, and may be nothing more to them than their very mundane lives! What is boring to one is interesting to another.

Michelle from SOuth Africa, (Which I have learned is not abreviated as S.A. but as Z.A., who knew?) said in someones comments, (I think it was Wanda's) that she will keep her opinions about our politics to herself because she doesnt think that we would be interested in what the rest of the world thinks about us. I am very interested! I know she wants to keep it light, fine, but I think I would like to know. (EMAIL ME MICHELLE) She also posts about the penguins on the beach there, and the fact that it is getting colder there now, as it is getting warmer here. INTERESTING!

Anji from France posts about a little of everything, but she mentioned that DOM (her daughter I assume) is in Russia right now on a trip, and is very excited about it. She also writes about her everyday life. INTERESTING!

Colin in Scotland talks about clearing his land with his new chainsaw, and digging up an old pond. He also wrote about re-modeling his farmhouse, and all the visitors he has had since then. Colin writes about the wildlife in his gardens and that is what first brought me to his site. He cooks, he blogs, he repairs his Land Rover (oops he has it repaired, and it belongs to Carole!) I enjoy his writting very much. INTERESTING!

Robert in Japan writes about a little of everything, but his best work is when he writies about his grandchildren Kaya and the Twins, and when he writes about the Japanese customs and the way of life over there. His fight with the onion-stealing Monkeys, is priceless!! I never thought about the Monkeys over there being close enough to people to affect their lives! I see them in pictures in magazines, but always assumed they were way off in the wild somewhere. RObert spices up his blog with politics and links which I dont care about, but hey! someone does, And he does!! I Visit Robert nightly! INTERESTING!

We have Abs in the UK, and she is scared right now, changing jobs, moving, being in debt. INTERESTING!

Of course there is all of the Canadians whom I adore!! Leslie, Kat, BrainLint, Radmilla, Kim, (Oh GOD WHO DID I FORGET?) All of these people with their writtings have enriched my life, as I hope I have enriched theirs. All of them writting about their mundane lives, and all of them INTERESTING!

I love reading about our differences, and our commonalities! This weekend was a good example. We Had Easter. We in the United States had no National Holiday, as we are not to celebrate religious holidays...except for Christmas (?) Everybody else seems to have a really long week-end. Holidays for some on Friday and on Monday which gives them 4 days off for Easter! COOL!!! We get NADA!! But then we get others that they don't. Independence Day for one. MLK, Presidents Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, the others I think are celebrated everywhere. maybe not.

I enjoy reading about the traditions, the way of life, the mundane things they think are unimportant! INTERESTING!

So...after all that , you get my mundane life!!!

I woke up this morning to Lola screaming at something over the fence. She was not happy and let the whole world know. SHe then commenced to crawl down the wisteria trunk and up the feeder tray to get to the sunflower seeds. I purposefully kept Sadie in her pen until Lola had a chance to eat. Sadie would chase her away in a heart beat. Last night just as I brought Sadie in, I looked out the office window and saw a small covey of quail coming through the fence put-put-putting all the way over to the feeder site, to scratch in the detritus underneath it. They were all paired up Male and Female, and the males were keeping the females right beside them. I love watching them!

This morning as I was typing this I heard a heavy wingbeat and looked up and there on the deck railing was a bandtailed pigeon! THey stop by every once in awhile but are pretty rare. THe hummingbirds are draining my feeders daily, so I put up two more. that makes about 8 I have to fill daily!

My life is Mundane, to me, but it may not be to others. People who are housebound, or live in the city may find this very INTERESTING!

up and at 'em!!

No comments: